Can USJ finally get a gold ball?

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed.

FACS is a solid team and has had a very good season. But if I was a betting man -- actually, I am a betting man -- I would make USJ 14 point favorites for a rematch.

USJ is playing at a very high level. After the very top teams like BA, Ensworth, Maryville, Alcoa and Oakland, I'd give USJ a chance against anyway in the state right now.

BPM, how do you like the Dogs chances in the playoffs? Rooting for y'all.

Honestly, thought Milan was one "stud" player away from Cookeville (knowing the competition in 3A). After USJ beat Briarcrest, I'm thinking the Dogs might be pretty darn good.

Is USJ your prediction to win State?

Is USJ your prediction to win State?

The safe bet is Webb.

Before last night, I thought USJ would have the best chance to beat Webb based on matchups. USJ's win over Briarcrest was one of the top DII-A wins this season (with Webb over Oak Ridge probably being the other).

One week later, USJ is banged up physically and mentally. We will see how they recover. 

Lausanne is a powerhouse. They are huge, fast and athletic.

But they've never played a team like Webb before. I'd expect y'all to whip them up front by being quicker off the ball and playing with better technique.

Obviously don't sleep on St. George's either. Looks like they're peaking at the right time.

The safe bet is Webb.

Before last night, I thought USJ would have the best chance to beat Webb based on matchups. USJ's win over Briarcrest was one of the top DII-A wins this season (with Webb over Oak Ridge probably being the other).

One week later, USJ is banged up physically and mentally. We will see how they recover.

Lausanne is a powerhouse. They are huge, fast and athletic.

But they've never played a team like Webb before. I'd expect y'all to whip them up front by being quicker off the ball and playing with better technique.

Obviously don't sleep on St. George's either. Looks like they're peaking at the right time.

I'm really nervous about Webb's second round matchup with Harding Academy. Are they in the state title mix?

I'm really nervous about Webb's second round matchup with Harding Academy. Are they in the state title mix?

Yes and no. Same story as Lausanne.

Harding is big, strong and fast.

Can they overpower and outrun Webb? If Webb is big and fast enough to handle Oak Ridge, I'm guessing not.

Might be one of those games that is closer played than the scoreboard would show.

Harding Academy, Lausanne, St. G and USJ all very capable of representing the West extremely well.  Lausanne had the best regular season and is top dog as of today and their closest game was Harding. These are teenage kids we are talking about so anything can happen on a given friday night but all 4 of these are in the mix. USJ has already beaten the East other 1 seed, BGA. 

Harding Academy, Lausanne, St. G and USJ all very capable of representing the West extremely well.  Lausanne had the best regular season and is top dog as of today and their closest game was Harding. These are teenage kids we are talking about so anything can happen on a given friday night but all 4 of these are in the mix. USJ has already beaten the East other 1 seed, BGA. 

Lausanne is the team to beat with Webb and St George following. I think Harding would round out that top 4. No quality Mid TN teams to push any of these 4.