Can USJ finally get a gold ball?

Knox-first downs U 16 B 12; Rush yds U 23 B 88;pass yds U 271 B 115; U had 1 turnover as an interception from 10 Yd line about to score -also USJ had TD called back for holding-Briarcrest is a really good team and lots of talent-the game was a defensive struggle-very proud if the boys and Coach Bradley was pumped plus it was cool with Butch Jones on our sidelines!

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Knox-first downs U 16 B 12; Rush yds U 23 B 88;pass yds U 271 B 115; U had 1 turnover as an interception from 10 Yd line about to score -also USJ had TD called back for holding-Briarcrest is a really good team and lots of talent-the game was a defensive struggle-very proud if the boys and Coach Bradley was pumped plus it was cool with Butch Jones on our sidelines!

Great recap, thank you!!

Briarcrest is not in same division as USJ so not in path to playoffs.   Winner of SG/USJ game next week gets the 1 seed at top half of bracket and loser gets 2 seed in bottom half of bracket.     Briarcrest is a well coached D2AA team.   Their coach won a state championship at Jackson Christian and usually produces hard nosed, (pardon the expression-gritty), ballplayers.

While there is never a guarantee in a football game,  I would not want to be SG this Friday. And I would not want to draw USJ in round 1. JMOs.

Agreed.

FACS is a solid team and has had a very good season. But if I was a betting man -- actually, I am a betting man -- I would make USJ 14 point favorites for a rematch. 

USJ is playing at a very high level. After the very top teams like BA, Ensworth, Maryville, Alcoa and Oakland, I'd give USJ a chance against anyway in the state right now.

BPM, how do you like the Dogs chances in the playoffs? Rooting for y'all. 

Honestly, thought Milan was one "stud" player away from Cookeville (knowing the competition in 3A). After USJ beat Briarcrest, I'm thinking the Dogs might be pretty darn good. 

Agreed.

FACS is a solid team and has had a very good season. But if I was a betting man -- actually, I am a betting man -- I would make USJ 14 point favorites for a rematch.

USJ is playing at a very high level. After the very top teams like BA, Ensworth, Maryville, Alcoa and Oakland, I'd give USJ a chance against anyway in the state right now.

BPM, how do you like the Dogs chances in the playoffs? Rooting for y'all.

Honestly, thought Milan was one "stud" player away from Cookeville (knowing the competition in 3A). After USJ beat Briarcrest, I'm thinking the Dogs might be pretty darn good.

Kublah I am rooting for you guys as well. Prior to our recent game I haven't seen USJ in several years. Very impressed.

This Milan team is very good. I have said this on some other threads but I honestly feel like this team is better than the '11 and '12 teams that were runner-ups. We just need to get over that Liberty hump and we proved we can play with them earlier in the year. Truth be told we are 7 points away from being 9-0 right now. We shall see how the playoffs go. Good luck to you all.

Agreed.

gotta b a season ticket holder in K-town

Booger just sayin free-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif

Edited by Booger