Three classes for soccer!

1925Kee

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just throwin it out there that our lil ol tiny school of around 400 kiddos had about 3 or 4 travel players on the team this year and we tied the Monster Ravenwood and beat the Big Giant Ferocious Franklin who both start 11 travel players with travel players coming of the bench!!  We just have a really good Coach and the girls work hard!  :rolleyes:

So you agree that population had no impact (your school = 400, Ravenwood = 1772, Franklin = 1745).

Looking over the list I noticed several that don't appear to have teams. Is there going to be a fix or will class a just have less?

There should be but probably will not. Somebody at TSSAA needs to address it or there are going to have some tiny districts in single A. If some of these schools don't have teams or only have boys or girls and not both teams then in theory there may be a district with 3-4 teams.

There should be but probably will not. Somebody at TSSAA needs to address it or there are going to have some tiny districts in single A. If some of these schools don't have teams or only have boys or girls and not both teams then in theory there may be a district with 3-4 teams.

There have been a couple which, after looking them up, seem to be working to build to a team but haven't yet. They shouldn't be in the count until they do so.

Same goes for boys soccer. Many don't have boys teams. I know Tellico Plains and Greenback do not.

Also what about teams that co-op. Do those schools not get their enrollments added together?

Tellico Plains used to have Boys Soccer every year. I think they last played in the 2013 season. It was always football players trying to stay in shape! I don't know of Greenback ever having Boys Soccer.