OOLTEWAH OWLS VS. RIVERDALE WARRIORS

DEM OWLS WILL TRAVEL TO THE BORO TO TAKE ON THE MIGHTY WARRIORS!!

THE MTSU FOOTBALL CLASSIC WILL FEATURE THE TWO AT 4PM IN FLOYD STADIUM ON THE CAMPUS OF MIDDLE TENNESSEE STATE UNIVERSITY.

IT WAS A NAIL BITER LAST SEASON AND DON'T SEE IT BEING ANY DIFFERENT THIS SEASON... MAYBE HOMECOURT.... BUT THE OWLS I KNOW ALWAYS COME TO PLAY!

ITS SOME STUDS ON THE HOME SIDE....YEP WE HAVE HEARD AND READ ALL THE HYPE..

IT'S SOME STUDS ABOUT TO MAKE THEIR DEBUT FROM THE CHOO CHOO CITY...

SHOULD BE A GOOD ONE..WHO YA GOT??? YOU KNOW WHO PA PICKIN..

#LOP

#GO OWLS

#WE READY :hungry:

#GET YO :popcorneater: READY 

Let's face it, this is a new team with a new coaching staff and a new system.  There was some hope that the defense could keep the team in games early in the year but they didn't look like that kind of group in the jamboree.  

Riverdale will play with excitement but, for whatever reason, they have not been able to put all the pieces together this fall. Offense is a work in progress, defense hasn't come together as well as expected, and special teams are...being kind...just not special yet.  

Sadly...  Owls 28, Warriors 7.

Edited by TDCman

Let's face it, this is a new team with a new coaching staff and a new system. There was some hope that the defense could keep the team in games early in the year but they didn't look like that kind of group in the jamboree.

Riverdale will play with excitement but, for whatever reason, they have not been able to put all the pieces together this fall. Offense is a work in progress, defense hasn't come together as well as expected, and special teams are...being kind...just not special yet.

Sadly... Owls 28, Warriors 7.

Well said, I agree with all you wrote. This why I can't believe that a lot of polls have Riverdale in the top 4 conversation of there region. I do see this score a little closer,but Riverdale is still a year or so away. It should be a good game with the Owls putting away the Warriors in this one. Edited by daddykriley

Owls 14 Warriors 12! Owls return the favor this time around. The offensive line has been struggling as have the special teams. Can't and won't win many games if those two components are our weak spots. That leaves the defense out on the field for long periods of time which never is a good thing or good result. My two cents not worth two cents! With that said i do expect to see the boys improve over the course of the season. GO WARRIORS!!!!! Prove me wrong!! :hungry:  :hungry:  :hungry:

Lets face it. The Warrior defense will be a rock but the offense is in trouble. Looks like Scruggs reinjured his broken collar bone and may be out again. He was 80% of their offense. I understand the new offense and it supposing to be a pro style set but if it is it must be a Cleveland Browns offense. And once again the kicker missed his only pat. They have got to find another one soon. The starting QB did not play and was suspended for the game do to behavioral issues and that didn't help. These boys need to stop reading their press and tweet hype and start performing on the field. You have two of the best wide receivers in the state but they have only thrown the ball deep once all preseason. This team is in trouble..

I've seen Ootlewah and Riverdale and if there is one thing for sure I don't see the Owls scoring 21 points on this defense. Its the one real strong point this Warriors team has. I saw them hold Nashville McGavock to little to no yards in their scrimmage and McGavock never crossed mid field. Adding Litaker and  Boykin available this week should only make this defense one of the best in the state. If they can find an offense that can just be consistent without making mistakes they can will this game with no problem.

Was it you that picked Riverdale 3rd in the state?

I've seen Ootlewah and Riverdale and if there is one thing for sure I don't see the Owls scoring 21 points on this defense. Its the one real strong point this Warriors team has. I saw them hold Nashville McGavock to little to no yards in their scrimmage and McGavock never crossed mid field. Adding Litaker and  Boykin available this week should only make this defense one of the best in the state. If they can find an offense that can just be consistent without making mistakes they can will this game with no problem.