Mount Juliet vs Cane Ridge

MJGOLDENBEARS

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess I'll be the first to shoot down that confidence of yours. Every team in Sumner County that Cane Ridge plays, and Hillsboro, will give Cane Ridge major problems if they play anything like last night. Was honestly surprised at how well they do play. Cause after seeing them in person, they have some height and speed at certain positions, but overall didn't look very "weight room" big.

Edited by thegreatone36

God for bid someone get on here and give credit to both teams for a hard fought game on both sides.  From my point of view, there were mistakes on both sides of the ball.  Penalties and dropped passes hurt Cane Ridge while misques on punt return and penalties hurt MJ.  I will say this, both had a game plan and it started to develop on both sides in the 2nd half.  Cane Ridge was going to use overall team speed to beat MJ off the edge whether it was run game or short pass game.  MJ is bigger than what I thought seeing them in person for the first time.  They obviously wanted to establish the run.  Honestly, I do not blame them.  CR has athletes all over the field and can make plays when the ball is in the air.  A parent told me last night that last year MJ had 6 turnovers and 5 of them were from interceptions.  I would probably be a little gun shy as well. 

My take a way is this, both teams have potential to be pretty darn good.  These people on here bashing the other team for whatever reason either did not watch the game closely or are not very football smart.  Mistakes hurt both teams, but it was an awesome game to go to.  Hopefully, I can come to some more games at MJ this year.  Had the opportunity to see some people I have not seen in a while.

Lol.... How is the coaching bad when u couldn't stop us. U have no passing game. U run read option with 9 linemen, and u call that football. The best player on MJ is the kicker. He's a d1 kicker. Tell coach parks, learn how to run a offense. That's why CR gave him the boot. He's horrible. And u got the nerve to talk about poorly coach. U sound like a upset daddy.

Game Notes: objective keep the CR offense off the field and run the clock down without turnovers. Also, make the CR defense tired and get them to the 4th quarter within 1 possession. Our kids did a great job with that.

Yes we have a great kicker and he is always in the game plan.

As far as read option....... We did not run read option this week nor did we have a formation in the game plan that set up a read option. I've learned over the years that every game that you play on Friday night is not always going to be fun to watch or fun to call. Sometimes you just got a run the ball and stick with the game plan. Our kids did a great job of following the game plan and believed every step of the way that we could win. I am proud of them.

As far as your personal attacks on myself. I've spent many countless hours blood sweat and tears over at CR. We had a great program and top-notch facilities. I have many friends still at cane Ridge some of which are still on staff. Whatever problem you have with me I'm sure you have my number in your cell phone. Feel free to call me anytime and not hide behind a screen name. There was no need to try and take a shot like that and I will pray for you and your family. In this profession we all get a lot of sticks and stones but ultimately I love what I do and am thankful for all my friends in this profession who go throught the trials and tribulations each year trying to mold these young men through this great game.

Go Bears

I didn't think Cane Ridge was that good. Actually think they are over rated. Maybe just an off game for them Should have been up on MJ 21-0 in first. MJ did a good job of changing snap count and got CR to jump several times . Got a few first downs doing this.

Thought MJ should have used their TE in the passing game. A good athlete with good size and speed. Bears will have to find more of passing game then throwing to Raines.

Cane Ridge let MJ hang around and it almost cost them. MJ was down 7 when they scored late in the 4th. There was an offside on lining up for the extra point; moving the ball to the 1 1/2 yard line. Bears had all the momentum and CR was on their heals. I was surprised MJ didn't go for the two points. Extra point ended up being blocked when CR came right up the middle.

MJ has a good power running game that will wear defenses down  in the 4th.

Both teams played hard. Great game to watch.

Time to get ready for Ravenwood.

Edited by BKisler

Game Notes: objective keep the CR offense off the field and run the clock down without turnovers. Also, make the CR defense tired and get them to the 4th quarter within 1 possession. Our kids did a great job with that.

As far as read option....... We did not run read option this week nor did we have a formation in the game plan that set up a read option. I've learned over the years that every game that you play on Friday night is not always going to be fun to watch or fun to call. Sometimes you just got a run the ball and stick with the game plan. Our kids did a great job of following the game plan and believed every step of the way that we could win. I am proud of them.

As far as your personal attacks on myself. I've spent many countless hours blood sweat and tears over at CR. We had a great program and top-notch facilities. I have many friends still at cane Ridge some of which are still on staff. Whatever problem you have with me I'm sure you have my number in your cell phone. Feel free to call me anytime and not hide behind a screen name. There was no need to try and take a shot like that and I will pray for you and your family. In this profession we all get a lot of sticks and stones but ultimately I love what I do and am thankful for all my friends in this profession who go throught the trials and tribulations each year trying to mold these young men through this great game.

Go Bears

Typical MJ coach...

Worried more about reading the message boards on CoachT and responding to ignorant comments than reviewing your game or prepping for your next opponent. (or teaching Personal Finance)

Must have learned this tactic from TP. 

Go Bears

Don't really know you but agree with this post 100%.

Go Bears

What happened on that play to make the coach so mad when he drew that unsportsmanlike penalty? The game plan was good and your players made few mistakes but if I were you I probably wouldn't reply to the negative comments about you or your team.

He's not a coach.... And I try to stay positive until someone gets on here with the BS. I hate the label ( metro kids ) or ( metro team) or ( metro coaches) how bout calling us our team name. U guys act like we are dumb or our kids and coaches are dumb. Makes no sense. I don't bash unless our team is being bashed. I was going to get on here and give MJ mad respect. For a great game played last night. But MJGoldenBears wanna get on here bashing CR ( metro team)