Metro Rankings

bleacher

I am proud of those students! Sad when they can see what is right and what is wrong but the administrators cannot. The student spokesperson/football player was well-spoken. Those are good kids and they deserve opportunities like all our students.

I tell you, I do not know how Coach Woodward can keep a dry eye after that show of support from the team and school. We should all be so lucky to have that kind of support in our careers.

Thanks to the news media for being the eyes and ears for the public.

Here is the story of Antioch: coach goes 0-11, doesn't help kids get to college, doesn't go to banquets, etc. New principal comes and goes in a new direction. New coach hired in Woodward. New super comes in and replaced great principal with one of his people. Woodward gets kids excited and quickly gets the football program out of debt left by previous 0-11 coach. Yet Woodward could not purchase footballs. Hey who needs footballs. Just run schemes on air I guess. Woodward was hired to teach pe. New principal says a favor is needed for a couple weeks while a math teacher is hired. Woodward agrees and he is a heck of a teacher. Students love him just like players do. Weeks go by and he is still teaching math along with being a head football coach. Team shows a lot of progress. After the Lebanon game, a great win, a position is posted for a pe position at Antioch. Hmmmm I bet an outstanding teacher that was doing a favor was given his job. Nope a person who is not even certified to teach pe was hired. After the season in which the 0-11 team went 3-7, the same record another metro coach had that won coach of the year previously, new uniforms were needed. Woodward got a great deal on uniforms that were basically half price. Awesome job coach. Nope the purchase order was torn up by the principal due to funds. Woodward held a parent meeting to discuss fundraising and getting donations to fund getting the uniforms. Woodward was then told he was not on the same page as admin and she was going in a different direction. Rumors are that she is giving the 0-11 coach his job back. Two days later Woodward finds out he may not be fired and an announcement will be made Thursday. No announcement. Friday students walk out and all news stations cover it. Students are fed up with the leadership ruining their school and want their concerns heard. Students claim lack of support, facility issues, and their displeasure over Woodward's situation. How did the principal react. No comment except to give Woodward written notice of his firing.

I know there is always more than one side of a story. I got my information from multiple sources, none of which were Woodward but all very credible sources close to Antioch high school. Anyone else hear any of this or have any additional information. Seems like Antioch is falling a part.

It's not that they are not qualified to do the job you know every state has different requirements therefore a process was in order to get their TN license just like coaches and teachers from out of state. Hopefully everybody can move forward cause this attention was bad for everyone associated with Antioch . Good luck to all involved . Woodward will be on someone's staff pretty soon