Metro Rankings

bleacher

Thanks workinprogress. well said. Well, how it all plays out may show what all of it is about. I hope the next coach gets more of a chance than Woodward received. What I know right now is that Woodward is a good coach and that the reason for dismissal is not telated to his performance as a coach. I hope we all find out the real reason (maybe what Golden Ticket said who knows) to clear the air for all coaches and admin going forward.

High school has always been the last vestige of pure competition and I see that slowly eroded.

coach hall did not lose his job because he was 0-11, many other reasons. now, is he a good coach? answer,no. still not why he lost his job. previous principal was told to let him go by central office. new director comes in and names new principal. she hears of dismissal of hall and in return fires woodward. do not be surprised if hall gets job back. not any gray is this explanation.

I couldn't believe Woodward or any other coach would know the school board members so I went back to a few of my sources.

Principal informed Mrs. Woodward after a pep rally that she would immediately be moved to freshmen academy world geography. She would still be responsible for her leadership classes until a replacement could be found. A concerned teacher notified a former Antioch admin that is now at the board. That person informed principal that she could not make that change.

That makes more sense. Coached don't have time to go to school board members. And in his case it was a concerned teacher going to the board not a board member.

Alot of the decline in Antioch football has to do with the addition of cane ridge .... He wasn't fired cause he was white it wasn't even football related from what I was told by an in house employee.. you can't continue to go over your boss head to a board member when she tells you no and not think that would roll over well. It's always two sides of the story ....

100%

To FB's comments, I don't know the reasons Coach Hall was let go BUT he should not have been let go for a first-year 0-11 season. Any coach deserves sometime to establish a program and at the end of the day, if the coach is running a clean program, helping kids and preparing them for on and off the field, then in my opinion a 500 record ought to be good enough at least without the opportunity have shortcomings called out and given time to improve.

At the pro level and to a lesser extent, a W/L record can be a principal factor. At the high school level, it should just be one of several factors. When the W/L is the determinative factor, cheating, recruiting, grade fixing, parents shopping kids, and development academies will be everywhere. Yea, I know. Seems we are there already.