Metro Rankings

bleacher

3 hours ago, theawesomebro said:

why is this such a big deal to you?  there are plenty of teams that could play up but dont and some of them are collecting gold balls like nobody's business.  i believe PC hasn't won one since 97.  it would make no sense for them to be like, well, thanks for all the fish we are going to 6A!  

Not a big deal just a thought. BA was always a 1A school before the split and there were 5 classifications. They stayed a 1A and won state championships ,moved to 2A and won state, even moved to 5A and won. I think even LA moved up to play with big boys. Just wondering why PC and East would not want to compete and a higher level and not see how good they really are. 

1 minute ago, fb247 said:

Not a big deal just a thought. BA was always a 1A school before the split and there were 5 classifications. They stayed a 1A and won state championships ,moved to 2A and won state, even moved to 5A and won. I think even LA moved up to play with big boys. Just wondering why PC and East would not want to compete and a higher level and not see how good they really are. 

gotcha.  BA, ensworth and LA are all playing up a division currently.  I am not sure I have ever heard of a public school doing it though.  not sure what benefit they would receive from it.  

16 minutes ago, theawesomebro said:

gotcha.  BA, ensworth and LA are all playing up a division currently.  I am not sure I have ever heard of a public school doing it though.  not sure what benefit they would receive from it.  

Same as BA ,Ensworth, and LA. To play where it is the most competitive for them and not just play against teams that offer no or little competition. The worst school in Tennessee that should have moved up to 6A and has many state championships is Alcoa. No way would Gary Rankin be the winningest coach in Tennessee and mentioned nationally if they played up but his ego is in the way. He left Riverdale because they were no longer going to be the big dog in Murfreesboro.   

6 minutes ago, fb247 said:

Same as BA ,Ensworth, and LA. To play where it is the most competitive for them and not just play against teams that offer no or little competition. The worst school in Tennessee that should have moved up to 6A and has many state championships is Alcoa. No way would Gary Rankin be the winningest coach in Tennessee and mentioned nationally if they played up but his ego is in the way. He left Riverdale because they were no longer going to be the big dog in Murfreesboro.   

you're preaching to the choir but if alcoa isn't doing it, no reason anyone else will/should do it.  

on the flip side, LA might be the example for why NOT to do it.  you never know what the future holds and might not be able to handle the tougher competition for long.  the decision was made well before dlifer left to play up and now the new staff is having to navigate some tough times.  if LA were in D2-AA with a in state schedule like many schools, they were probably undefeated with a path to play CPA in the 4th championship game in a row.   

in the end, if someone wants to be kramer ruling his karate dojo, more power to them I guess.

seinfeld-kramer-kramer.gif.38a47891ebc023ccc58603646d764b75.gif

5 minutes ago, theawesomebro said:

you're preaching to the choir but if alcoa isn't doing it, no reason anyone else will/should do it.  

on the flip side, LA might be the example for why NOT to do it.  you never know what the future holds and might not be able to handle the tougher competition for long.  the decision was made well before dlifer left to play up and now the new staff is having to navigate some tough times.  if LA were in D2-AA with a in state schedule like many schools, they were probably undefeated with a path to play CPA in the 4th championship game in a row.   

in the end, if someone wants to be kramer ruling his karate dojo, more power to them I guess.

seinfeld-kramer-kramer.gif.38a47891ebc023ccc58603646d764b75.gif

I know winning is good but it is not everything. I respect LA for moving up. I had no respect for them when they were beating people silly. Those games are not even fun to watch.  But some would rather win at any cost .

Edited by fb247

51 minutes ago, fb247 said:

I know winning is good but it is not everything. I respect LA for moving up. I had no respect for them when they were beating people silly. Those games are not even fun to watch.  But some would rather win at any cost .

thanks.  i guess i can see the wisdom in either path but a private school doing it is much different than a public, I think.  in any case, no one asked me for my opinion either way!  the nerve...

I was getting bored with the games last year but dang the close loses have wrecking my nerves!  

On 9/24/2023 at 3:47 PM, fb247 said:

I am curious as to how they would do playing Big boy football. Just a question, So you agree they could not make it if they played big boy ball. Probably get to 2nd round.

You’re curious so just check out our schedules and scrimmages over the years. Outside of region we always up 6a and privates. You also know that  PC IS a lower 3a school playing up in 4a correct? I read some post and someone think it’s because alcoa nope. It’s a couple of reasons. PC fans travel better than ANY metro school. You get bigger gates in 4a. Also from what I understand The head person in charge didn't want to be in the metro region for multiple reasons. It’s not going to make us better and dealing with the crowds every week is a no go.  Also if I’m not mistaken East Nashville or the people who pay the bills didn’t want EN and PC in the same region as they did this year in Basketball. They split us up. The wanted that rivalry to cool off. Alcoa has nothing to do with why we play up. They will be 4a soon

Edited by FBfan26

2 hours ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

1. Pearl

2. East

3.Hillsboro

4.Antioch

5-12 all bad

13 Republic is worse.

Same list for me. My question about Antioch is are they gone make some noise the next few years and fall back  like Mcgavock did? Once again the top 4 freshmen teams in the playoffs are Cane Ridge,Hillsboro,Lawson and PC. That foundation has to be build. The Freshman QB at Antioch flipped the scene out there BUT how long will CR stay in the shadows?