6. McGavock

7. Stratford

8.Hunter Lane

9.Whites Creek

10. Antioch

11.Maplewood

12. Hillwood

13. Glencliff

Maplewood beat Hunters Lane and while they were indeed bad, the Panthers were better than Antioch also.

Put Whites Creek 8, Maplewood 9. Hunters Lane 10 and then Antioch, Hillwood and Glencliff.

16 hours ago, PurplePanther said:

Am I the only person on here that has an issue with East ranked ahead of PC?  Does anyone think that East could have beaten PC this year?

Without a doubt. I don't think PC could stop them running the ball and I think East off and defense was better than PC. Not taking a shot at all but #7 was their team and their lacking ability to throw the ball would of played in east favor . If you watched PC this year and think they were the teams of old then I must have seen something different . 

4 hours ago, MonsterGreen44 said:

Without a doubt. I don't think PC could stop them running the ball and I think East off and defense was better than PC. Not taking a shot at all but #7 was their team and their lacking ability to throw the ball would of played in east favor . If you watched PC this year and think they were the teams of old then I must have seen something different . 

I appreciate that.  I didn’t see PC in person but did see East and Cane Ridge in person.  They must have really come on at the end of the season because they weren’t impressive to say the least.  If the did…good for them…I’d love to see metro schools getting in the mix.

On 12/20/2021 at 5:46 AM, PurplePanther said:

I appreciate that.  I didn’t see PC in person but did see East and Cane Ridge in person.  They must have really come on at the end of the season because they weren’t impressive to say the least.  If the did…good for them…I’d love to see metro schools getting in the mix.

Considering that two starters at Pearl and the Offensive MVP of East all played at Ryan initially, do you really want Metro teams in the mix? If they were good, you guys could not recruit them away. I would think you want the majority to stay bad so you can pick the middle schools easier.

8 hours ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

Considering that two starters at Pearl and the Offensive MVP of East all played at Ryan initially, do you really want Metro teams in the mix? If they were good, you guys could not recruit them away. I would think you want the majority to stay bad so you can pick the middle schools easier.

Why wouldn’t I want them in the mix?  Why would I root for Nashville schools to be bad?  States I lived in before were not dominated by private schools…this seems to be a Tennessee thing.  I have some of my buddies from time to time read the this board so they can get a laugh.  They live in those other states.  I don’t recall if it was on this chat or not, but someone was even complaining that Oakland was recruiting Nashville kids. BTW- the Nashville diocese only lets Ryan and PJP offer need based $$.  Also….what percent of the starters do you think came from public schools?  

This recruiting thing that folks like to bring up….this is happening in little league and always has…..at every level.  It also seems to be a crutch for some.  I don’t see Alcoa and the likes crying about recruiting.  I would also say their tradition of winning…much like PC draws people to them.

Last thing- PC had 3 starters from Ryan:thumb:

7 hours ago, PurplePanther said:

Why wouldn’t I want them in the mix?  Why would I root for Nashville schools to be bad?  States I lived in before were not dominated by private schools…this seems to be a Tennessee thing.  I have some of my buddies from time to time read the this board so they can get a laugh.  They live in those other states.  I don’t recall if it was on this chat or not, but someone was even complaining that Oakland was recruiting Nashville kids. BTW- the Nashville diocese only lets Ryan and PJP offer need based $$.  Also….what percent of the starters do you think came from public schools?  

This recruiting thing that folks like to bring up….this is happening in little league and always has…..at every level.  It also seems to be a crutch for some.  I don’t see Alcoa and the likes crying about recruiting.  I would also say their tradition of winning…much like PC draws people to them.

Last thing- PC had 3 starters from Ryan:thumb:

What I meant was, if the public teams are good, then a school like Ryan will not be ABLE to recruit those kids  and then you will stay the bottom feeder of D2AAA. We both know you have to get some of those athletes to compete in any way in AAA.