Metro Rankings

bleacher

1 minute ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

I admit I was shocked Cane Ridge lost to Clarksville. No offense to CHS but they have nowhere near the talent as Cane Ridge. What happened?

Looks like Clarksville ran right at CR and it proved to help later on. I also seen a late CR fumble and a Pick6 that CR threw in the 4th.

On 11/6/2021 at 12:48 PM, cbg said:

Cane Ridge goes down to Clarksville in Round 1.  Athletics in MNPS are as bad as the educational side.  Let’s see if new MNPS athletic director Mark North is able to fix the problems.  IMO, MNPS is such a large bureaucracy it would truly take a miracle to even begin to repair the issues. When you have John Cooper (Mayor), the school board, director of schools, metro council members, parents and students all pulling in different directions you will never fix the problems.  It is and has been a sad situation for the families that are forced to attend MNPS 

I see people say this but never offer a solution. Metro AD don’t have any power from what I understand. He’s answers to the DOS and she answers Cooper and the two of their guys names I can’t think of at the moment. As a metro guy it’s sucks that metro is behind and they feel like dollars need to be spend else where. “ their pockets“ The inside of some of these schools are Ridiculous from for maintenance/planning and patching things. Going cheap isn’t  always the best answer.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

I see people say this but never offer a solution. Metro AD don’t have any power from what I understand. He’s answers to the DOS and she answers Cooper and the two of their guys names I can’t think of at the moment. As a metro guy it’s sucks that metro is behind and they feel like dollars need to be spend else where. “ their pockets“ The inside of some of these schools are Ridiculous from for maintenance/planning and patching things. Going cheap isn’t  always the best answer.

I’m still mad we couldn’t get turf. We have to practice and play of our field. The Weight room is the size of a class room. We get our basketball court replaced and to see all the broken boards underneath is ridiculous.

1 minute ago, EastNasty said:

I’m still mad we couldn’t get turf. We have to practice and play of our field. The Weight room is the size of a class room. We get our basketball court replaced and to see all the broken boards underneath is ridiculous.

You talking about turf everybody’s drainage in metro is terrible. They could at least spend some money and fix that. We got two middle schools and a young league who use our field. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, FBfan26 said:

1.  The solution begins with electing a new mayor at the next election.  I would like to see MNPS broken into multiple (maybe up to 4) separate school districts.  The bureaucracy within MNPS makes it impossible to get anything done.  Everyone just points a finger at someone else but with smaller school districts that becomes much more difficult.  Let's also remember that the last several mayors have not been graduates of MNPS or any public schools.  Most of our past mayors have attended private high schools.

2.  Dr. Adrienne Battle appears to someone that could do a good job if given the necessary support and resources

3.  Yes, facilities are atrocious but for the most part the coaching is also not very good

4.  I am fully aware of how MNPS look on both the outside and inside.  They have bars over the office windows, schools need to be painted, roofs are leaking and we have not even discussed how most of the shower areas have become storage rooms and athletes have no place to take a shower after games and practice.

Put simply MNPS are a disaster and I truly feel for the parents that are forced to send their children into an environment where few people care!

Edited by cbg
  • Upvote 1

Metro needs to let the schools fundraise for artificial turf fields and match these funds.  I assume it is 7-8 hundred grand for a turf field these days.  Although the others will be upset at first, pick a school cluster to start at and then do a new school/cluster every two years until they make it through the county.  

Metro needs to allow all of its football programs to co-op and have a handful of powerhouse programs.  There are 13 public football playing schools (and some others that don’t offer football but their kids already co-op).  There are usually about 4-5 good competitive teams and about 8-9 teams that aren’t so good.  It would really improve the product on the field and make Metro football a force once again.  

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, 18NCS said:

Metro needs to let the schools fundraise for artificial turf fields and match these funds.  I assume it is 7-8 hundred grand for a turf field these days.  Although the others will be upset at first, pick a school cluster to start at and then do a new school/cluster every two years until they make it through the county.  

Upset ain’t the word lol.