Week 3: Oneida @ Greenback

crow

You can't tell me that after two plays our lineman is already tired. I played both sides and special teams. Didn't even come off the field unless we were way ahead. The only difference is back then we were in shape before season started not trying to get in shape after words. And you can go ask onb and gfd and they both agree we need to run the ball until they stop it. And I'm not one that sets up there and hollers about off the wall stuff I have coached it for 18-19 years and as far as being 1a someone needs to tell uc and sp they need to stop running the ball so much because there just 1a.

Same here never came off he field.Tired was never an issue with a Bill Satterfield team.Hills,lineman carries you name it,we were in top notch shape by the first game BECAUSE of being a 1A team.We couldn't afford for a starter to sit out a play.Also if a play wasn't coming my way I better not be the reason it got caught from the back side!No excuse in my opinion to not be able to stay on the field.Championships are still won in high school by being a run oriented team.Name the last team to throw for 300 yards and win the Gold in 1A.Now go back and look at the ones who ran it the majority of the time and controlled the clock and wore out the defence.You can defiantly throw to keep folks honest but if you run the ball your chances improve greatly.As GB has said and myself if they can't stop the run run it till they do!This is my opinion.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same here never came off he field.Tired was never an issue with a Bill Satterfield team.Hills,lineman carries you name it,we were in top notch shape by the first game BECAUSE of being a 1A team.We couldn't afford for a starter to sit out a play.Also if a play wasn't coming my way I better not be the reason it got caught from the back side!No excuse in my opinion to not be able to stay on the field.Championships are still won in high school by being a run oriented team.Name the last team to throw for 300 yards and win the Gold in 1A.Now go back and look at the ones who ran it the majority of the time and controlled the clock and wore out the defence.You can defiantly throw to keep folks honest but if you run the ball your chances improve greatly.As GB has said and myself if they can't stop the run run it till they do!This is my opinion.

i think I ruffled some feathers onb,

Boys been reading all the blow out predictions and I think I'll try and find another game to go to. Don't wanna drive all the way to GB to watch a cow trompin'. I made that mistake last year in the playoffs when everyone was saying the same thing and had to suffer through that 5 point beat down. Maybe I'll go catch the Harriman game, sounds like it'll at least be closer than this one :roflol::popcorneater:

Edited by crow

i agree, the post I made earlier, I didn't mean not to throw the ball but don't stop running it until they slow it down or bring more in the box to stop it.

Running teams are the one's who win the State every single year. They MIGHT throw 5 times. If a team is good enough to stop you're running game and forces you to throw, you generally lose. 1A does have a couple of good passing teams this year but both are in the west. My guess at this point is UC beats both with their relentless rushing attack.

Boys been reading all the blow out predictions and I think I'll try and find another game to go to. Don't wanna driveat all the way to GB to watch a cow trompin'. I made that mistake last year in the playoffs when everyone was saying the same thing and had to suffer through that 5 point beat down. Maybe I'll go catch the Harriman game, sounds like it'll at least be closer than this one :roflol::popcorneater:

You guys give a good Meigs Co team a scare for a while last week. I'd say Greenback had better prepare a little this week  ,just in case.