South Pittsburg vs Marion (Grider against that Mathis man)

Roy Dillard

If putting on the Orange and Black uniform prevents this kid from being out on Friday nights with nothing to do and possibly getting mixed up in the wrong crowds again, then I for one am proud to welcome him with this opportunity. Any signs of trouble, I have absolutely NO doubt the coaches will deal with it promptly. Coach Don Grider taught us football was more than just a game played on Friday night, it was about dealing with game of life. So why not allow this kid the chance to reclaim his life doing something he enjoys?

• Upvote 1

If putting on the Orange and Black uniform prevents this kid from being out on Friday nights with nothing to do and possibly getting mixed up in the wrong crowds again, then I for one am proud to welcome him with this opportunity. Any signs of trouble, I have absolutely NO doubt the coaches will deal with it promptly. Coach Don Grider taught us football was more than just a game played on Friday night, it was about dealing with game of life. So why not allow this kid the chance to reclaim his life doing something he enjoys?

Well said, If this helps the young man to be a productive member of society in the future, then I am all for it. Coach Grider and Coach Peek will be good for this kid.

well said! Edited by oneyewilly

Guest Lightsout44

The "kinfolk" are going to be battling for 48 minutes and it will be a better game for us than the last two years. I'm not saying we are going to win, but we won't get beat by 40 either. LMBO

The fact that you people can sit on here and bash an individual without personally knowing any background on the kid besides this one incident is pathetic. What kind of person are you to sit back behind a computer and talk the talk about a 17-year-old who you don’t know? Yes, was he in the wrong place wrong time probably so. All you guys here are just forming an opinion based off some news media related article. The stance some of you are taking is like one thing makes this individual some guilty scum bag that should be left to the dogs. I was reading online article about a WR from Florida State who sat with some kid at a lunch table since he didn’t have any friends. The social opinion formed from this guy is he is one of the most caring men in college football and should be applauded for his kind act of making this kid’s day. Does anyone know this kid’s past beside the one problem? Absolutely not because you are only looking at his kind gesture towards this kid, making him seem like he is just the most caring person in the world. Good or bad perceptions are formed from articles exactly like this and you people are the very ones to sit here and stir the pot. The point is that you can’t automatically assume or should I say judge one (Since that’s what some are doing) based off one particular action.    

The first thing you posted was highlights of this young man playing football, and now you want to tell us how you are interested in his general welfare.  Whatever.  Possibly your and others crimes in this matter are worse than what the young man is alleged to have done.

Edited by rikberry

Guest Lightsout44

You think I don't know this? Realize who you're talking too. LMBO

Wow! Getting a little frisky there old timmer. Settle down, take a deep breath! The storm will soon be over, just don't turn off the lights this year!

The first thing you posted was highlights of this young man playing football, and now you want to tell us how you are interested in his general welfare. Whatever. Possibly your and others crimes in this matter are worse than what the young man is alleged to have done.

LittleRicky, answer oneyewilly! You ain't totally stupid, you did say "alleged" Old Pirate looked that up for because us fellers knows yous busy reading studding manuels. Here it is, (of an incident or a person) said, without proof, to have taken place or to have a specified illegal or undesirable quality. AGAIN, don't be a little chicken, answer oneyewilly's question! Here's another question, where is your proof and justification for attempting to be being Judge Judy. Answer oneyewilly Edited by OLD PIRATE