Paying to Park question

logcabinman

MidTennFootball,

I'm not a cheapskate, i'm a broke college student. I drove up to the Science Hill game last year, which is a little over 2 hours away, and they were charging $5 to park. That was an unpleasant surprise for me because I was on a pretty tight budget. The worst part is you can look at a school like Science Hill and tell they arent hurting for money with their campus and stadium that are nicer than a lot of colleges. It is greed, plain and simple. Some will try to squeeze every penny they can from you. The schools that charge to park are generally the ones that arent hurting for money. They'll be charging to use the bathroom before you know it.

We'll just agree to disagree. It's going to the schools period. Some of the schools maybe well off but it doesn't mean the administration will appropriate an acceptable amount of funding to run their individual apartments, especially for low or non revenue sports/activities. Pay it forward

MidTennFootball,

I'm not a cheapskate, i'm a broke college student. I drove up to the Science Hill game last year, which is a little over 2 hours away, and they were charging $5 to park. That was an unpleasant surprise for me because I was on a pretty tight budget. The worst part is you can look at a school like Science Hill and tell they arent hurting for money with their campus and stadium that are nicer than a lot of colleges. It is greed, plain and simple. Some will try to squeeze every penny they can from you. The schools that charge to park are generally the ones that arent hurting for money. They'll be charging to use the bathroom before you know it.

I heard that Science Hill charges to park for football games but we didn't get charged last year when we played them.  I'm not sure if the kid who parked us didn't know what he was doing or just didn't care.  There was a circus going on at the same time and he may have been confused.  They were definitely charging some people.

I heard that Science Hill charges to park for football games but we didn't get charged last year when we played them. I'm not sure if the kid who parked us didn't know what he was doing or just didn't care. There was a circus going on at the same time and he may have been confused. They were definitely charging some people.

Charged when we played them.

I see some are still complaining -  of all things this is really not something to complain about. These dollars go to the support some type of activity at a HIGH SCHOOL!   I'm sure some of you go to college games, NFL games, MLB games, NBA games, concerts in a city, attractions that may be located in a city .... where you pay a lot more to park or get your car towed.  Those dollars are either going to a corporation that does have a lot of money, the city or the pockets of the person who owns the property.  One could argue the "greed" for some of those especially the ones not directly tied to any participant in the event but have chosen to use the event to make money.

Complain about the homeowner who charges money to park in their yard.  Complain about the church, store, gas station, etc. that charges to park in their lot.  

Any dollars for parking on the school lots is going directly to something at that school for the children who attend that school. It allows some to participate in activities that they may have not been able to participate in without the monetary assistance.  It has never bothered me in the least bit to pay to park in any middle or high school parking lot for any event I have ever attended because I know that the money is going to something for the students.