District 9-AA 2016-2017

essencOFtruth

I agree bamapappy. Heritage is clearly the class of the District and will ring up the regular season District championship. I don't see them not winning the tournament but it would be a huge upset if they do lose. White House was rising a little but have lost one of their main starters for rules violation. Perhaps the transfer from Heritage will be able to fill that slot, he is about 6'3" after all. District-wide, I have never seen such a poor set of teams. Cheatham-down, harpeth-down, white house-down, westmoreland-down,etc. The Patriots needed that game against Goodpasture. White House will be back up soon but not this year. Same with Cheatham. Happy New Year!

You are correct,sir. It makes the thread kind of boring this year.

I agree bamapappy.  Heritage is clearly the class of the District and will ring up the regular season District championship.  I don't see them not winning the tournament but it would be a huge upset if they do lose.  White House was rising a little but have lost one of their main starters for rules violation.  Perhaps the transfer from Heritage will be able to fill that slot, he is about 6'3" after all.  District-wide, I have never seen such a poor set of teams.  Cheatham-down, harpeth-down, white house-down, westmoreland-down,etc.  The Patriots needed that game against Goodpasture. White House will be back up soon but not this year.  Same with Cheatham.  Happy New Year!

do you know if the transfer played in their christmas tournament at beech?

The truth of the matter is this year could not have set up any better for heritage...new coach at harpeth and westmoreland...injury bug to cheatham and greenbrier...white house lead by a young group of players so its a coin flip everytime they walk out...sycamore is sycamore some days looks like they can play other days have no business being out there, Tournament is in their city so they dont have to travel, they have scored the most points they have had all year in that gym (via unapproved website) so they must shoot well there. Its their season to lose but what I have noticed from all of coach Petrone teams over the past 20 years or so is they all peak before christmas and its the same team at the beginning has it is at the end of the season. which is why I am willing to bet very few of his teams have won at tourny time. The worst thing that could happen to them is if they somehow lose 2 or 3 games in the district and dont finish first to get the bye and face like wh in their gym or a healthy cc if their best player can make it back... I am not saying this will happen but man that would be devastating if it did...good luck to this district for the rest of the year basically  district only left I believe. 

Heritage (Petrone) had a great shot at winning the 2013 Class A title if the big center, Tyler Cunningham, had not gotten hurt in the Region tournament.  The 3 year starting point guard, Johnny Bailey, was also hurt most of the year as well. 

It is extremely tough to ever expect any of the teams from the area winning the State title playing the teams they do early on in the Regions.  Look at what is probably the best team in the last 20 years (Cheatham Co.) in 2014.  If they had not had to face CPA early they should have challenged for it as well.  It will take a combination of height, athleticism, depth, and experience, as well as,a little luck along the way to hang a State banner in any of the local gyms (unless you are a private playing against the publics, or for that matter a private playing in a Division with only about 20 teams total).  But hey, there's always hope.  Go Patriots!

Was like a Twilight Zone episode  :roflol:

Heritage (team/ student body) didn’t show up. Zero energy in the gym. It hurt not playing for 2 weeks with the bad weather last week.

It was like watching shoot-around for an hour. I kid you not. Greenbrier didn't look like they wanted to win either. Heritage had 3 starters foul out and 2/15 from 3 didn’t help.

No such thing as a good loss, but maybe this will help them shake the rust off for the rest if district play.

Ok Tuesday night

Heritage at CC. Don't think Saunders is back yet so I will go with Heritage 62-38

Greenbrier at sycamore Sycamore embarrassed. Greenbrier with a big win . Taking sycamore to bounce back st home . 58-54

White House at westmoreland on paper most likely westmoreland but sooner or later this White House team will be unleashed . Garrison for westmoreland might be best player in district but Blue devils have had a week off to get ready do or die time . 70-57 blue devils