District 9-AA 2016-2017

essencOFtruth

Last night of district play !!! Who ya got tonight , there are some big seeding games happening !!

1) Heritage takes on 7) Cheatham county : Believe these two teams are locked in as 1 seed and 7 seed .. Congratulations Heritage on winning the regular season Championship keeping Cheatham from having a 4 year District alignment sweep ! I got Heritage in this game , and I have been around White House for a long time , and i believe heritage going for a 20 win REGULAR season for the first time in school history ! ...

3) White House vs 4) Westmoreland - this game is for the 3 seed ....if White House wins they will be the 3 seed ... if westmoreland wins , depending on who wins the Sycamore greenbrier game will determine the 3 seed .... believe if White House loses and greenbrier wins White House is the 3 ... if westmoreland and Sycamore win then Westmoreland is the 3 seed .... I got White House in this game ... they have scored over 90 in 3 of their last 4 ... I doubt the eagles will run up and down the court with the Devils , but I got the Devils in their gym on senior night 72-58 .....

5/6) greenbrier vs 5/6) Sycamore - winner of this game will be the 5 seed and the loser will be the 6 seed ... I really have no idea who will

Win this game ... I believe greenbrier is at home so I will give them the nod 58-52 !!

This should be an exciting tournament , as these teams have beat up

On each other all year ! As I have said many times I am hoping and wishing for an all WHITE HOUSE final to see the new gym packed to max for the championship

Good luck to all and it's that time of year !!!

In all likelihood you should get your wish.  A hot (hehe) Blue Devils team could be considered a favorite in it's home gym against the best team Heritage has ever had (according to the record).  Not to mention the fact that Heritage swept the Devils in the regular season.  Let the drama unfold.

Alright so after the games last night tournament seeds I believe are as follows

1) heritage

2) harpeth

3) White House

4) greenbrier

5) westmoreland

6) Sycamore

7) Cheatham

Who ya got in the tournament ?

Wednesday - harpeth vs Cheatham

Thursday - White House vs Sycamore

Friday - westmoreland vs greenbrier

What players yal think is the all district team ? MVP ??

Upton, White House Heritage

Neely, White House Heritage

Gibbs, Harpeth

Cox, Harpeth

Cole, White House

Ward, White House

Derseweh, Greenbrier

Garrison, Westmoreland

Olson, Sycamore

Jenkins, Cheatham County

MVP-Desmarais, White House Heritage

I think Tyler Welborne (Heritage) should be strongly considered as well.  Maybe the top PG in the District IMO.

I think Tyler Welborne (Heritage) should be strongly considered as well.  Maybe the top PG in the District IMO.

Totally agree without Welbourne, Heritage doesn't win 20 games. He makes the team go and from what I have seen he is by far best point in District. I put him in second right behind Desmarais.

First Games of The Tournament tonight !!!

Boys game is 2) Harpeth vs. 7) Cheatham

I am still an experience type person when it comes to tournament time. The cubs even though finished the 7 seed have had injuries and suspensions pretty much all year missing their best players. They won the championship last year, I know they lost a few seniors, and very good seniors at that. But just playing in that game , coaching that far over and over I just feel is going to pay off for the Cubs tonight. 

Harpeth has a new coach, and i saw they only beat Cheatham by 1 last time they played, and the cubs were missing their two best players.

I think this game will be a great, wild one to open up the district tournament.

My hunch is the cubs going to come ready to play and give harpeth all they want tonight. I got cheatham "upsetting" harpeth 56-50 tonight......

Good luck to both teams !!

I have no dog in the fight but like I said at the beginning of the year the number one team will get the mvp not always how it should be, but in this day and age thats how it is, and it usually hardly ever goes to most VALUABLE it goes to "best" player or most outstanding player. They should either change the name to MOP like the ncaa did years ago or start giving out 2 awards for most valuable and then the best...most Valuable is the pg from heritage. The best player in the district is a 3 horse race .

DISTRICT ONLY STATS BASED ON unapproved website (m.a.x.p.r.e.p.s)

Nick DesMarais 16.3 ppg... 5.6 rpg... 1.4 apg... 2.1 spg

Bradley Cole     14.9 ppg... 7.1 rpg.... 1.6 apg....1.2 spg

Jared Ward       13.8 ppg... 2.3 rpg... 2.2 apg... 4.6 spg

Cole 30th in state in scoring

Ward 35th

DesMarais 39th

Ward also ranks second in the state in steals.

so based on all this Heritage wins the district DesMarais is the MVP (MOP)

District tourny mvp could be a fun debate!!

Edited by bballinformer

The MVP is not Cole and Ward, though each is a solid player. Those White House numbers are skewed because they have given up points quickly in order to get opportunities to play a fast-paced game. The impact of those numbers is not near as much as a team that plays at a much slower pace. Desmarais is the MVP. Several of the teams could win the tournament though. There should be lots of interesting games. It will very likely end for all four teams that emerge from 9-AA in the first round of the region though. It's not as high quality of basketball this year.

Agreed with Preppy...

DesMarais is the MVP. He's a great athlete and his impact on offense and defense is unmatched in this district. Would be one thing if he were 6ft guard, but at 6'5, he commands a double team in the post, and can handle the ball out on the perimeter. He also scores from 3 and he gets to the line. Probably even better on defense, to be honest. I lost count on the # of chase downs, jumping the passing lanes for easy breakaways, and weak side blocks...

All this with the Heritage coach forcing them to sit on the ball for most of the season.

I agree...Cheatham played a very good game at Heritage the last game of the season. Just losing by 4. I thought they played exceptional. No sign of injury with the Saunders kid. He played lights out scoring 14.  Harpeth def has their hands full. Cheatham is very good on Defense as well.

Harpeth has Seniors that will be ready though.

This is a very good opening round game with the possibility of an upset.

Looking forward to it !! 

Hello Friends...........

The TRUTH has been absent awhile, because now is when Basketball actually begins!!!

Just to reply to a couple things mentioned above.........

MVP= best player on regular season champion team.......sad, but TRUTH

Coaches from their own team I'm sure decide which player off their own team makes all-district.......TRUTH

Preppy- Pretty sure the Devils force more turnovers then any other team so idea of giving up baskets to create tempo----NOT TRUTH they aren't chino hills hahaha......

No other teams have "stopped" their tempo or made it a slower tempo, and that is on them.

Now for The Tournament

Anyone can beat anyone --- TRUTH

The Cubs are finally Healthy ---TRUTH

Heritage is the same as they were in 1st district game ---TRUTH

Greenbrier and Westmoreland both similar and BORING to watch ---TRUTH

Sycamore -----beat MLK finished 6th in district so to say all 4 are gone is foolish ---TRUTH

White House ----the Hottest Team, Tournament Host, averaging 20 point wins in their win streak, the most dangerous basketball team in the tournament -----TRUTH

Harpeth---seems to play everyone to 5 point game pretty much ----1/2 TRUTH

The way the tournament is set up is silly that the #1 seed doesn't even know opponent until night before.........TRUTH

Sad the 4/5 game winner plays 2 tournament games in less then 24 hours......TRUTH

Wednesday - 2) Harpeth vs 7) Cheatham - Cheatham not a true 7 seed. Upset ALERT....TRUTH....

Cheatham wins in a close battle.

Thursday-  3) White House vs. 6) Sycamore - Was at the first sycamore game in WH gym, WH played 15 players in first half. That won't happen again.......TRUTH........Based on last 8 games and hosting the tournament in their gym.....Devils win easily .....TRUTH

Friday- 4) Greenbrier vs. 5) Westmoreland - should be a real exciting in the 40s game. Might be a race to 50 to determine the winner. Westmoreland has the size, greenbrier the overall shooting is much better ! This is a toss up game, my quarter said heads (greenbrier) so I got greenbrier......TRUTH

Will return Saturday so I don't predict games that don't even exist....TRUTH

Good luck to all , see yal Saturday.........TRUTH