2017 Enrollment Numbers and Classifications

MountainTroll

Up is the only way movement happens. No one moves down.

If this is true then it is a stupid rule. In pretty much every class we are talking about 1 or 2 total students being the difference from the highest enrollment in a class to the lowest enrollment in a class. Whoever makes these rules in TSSAA needs my help in a bad way. Consider this my application. Edited by LazIndexTN

If this is true then it is a stupid rule. In pretty much every class we are talking about 1 or 2 total students being the difference from the highest enrollment in a class to the lowest enrollment in a class. Whoever makes these rules in TSSAA needs my help in a bad way. Consider this my application.

You open another can of worms if you allowed a team to move down.

Imagine the largest 1A team decides to move up. And every team in 2A doesn't want to move down except the largest 2A team.

Why separate 1A and 2A at all if the largest 2A can be grouped with 1A?

Do I think this scenario would play out?  Probably not. But it's a possibility.

If this is true then it is a stupid rule. In pretty much every class we are talking about 1 or 2 total students being the difference from the highest enrollment in a class to the lowest enrollment in a class. Whoever makes these rules in TSSAA needs my help in a bad way. Consider this my application

I don't think the cutoffs will be set between schools that are that close...they will leave schools that close in enrollments in same class unless one of them requests to move up. I do think that some of the cutoffs will be adjusted to account for some district alignment issues that they may be facing, as well as to accommodate some teams already stated desires to move up (i.e. Elizabethton).  I had posted earlier that I thought Harriman would be the largest 1A school, but I wouldn't be surprised if they end up in 2A in order to balance the travel out for the some of the districts in that part of the state.

It's obviously just a fun guessing game for now until more info comes out, but I do think the TSSAA is more sensitive to close enrollment numbers at the cutoff points than people think.