Dobyns-Bennett at Hardin Valley

OakRidgeWildcat

Don't need glasse to know the rule in high school! He never had possession of the muffed punt and it went into the end zone, ball is dead and it should have been receiving teams ball on the 20! Should have caught it but that is the rule!!! Look it up or ask someone that actually knows what they are talking about!.....

I only used part of your quote. I dont want to spend three hours reading your all's long posts. But, FridayNightLights is correct. A muffed punt, just like a muffed kickoff, that goes back into the receiving team's endzone in high school ball, is a Touchback. Should have been DB ball on the 20, not 6 pts for Oak Ridge. I know it looks odd because the punt was muffed and knocked backwards so far, but the kick was never possessed by the receiving team. The Oak Ridge zebras just missed it.

#truth&a2014handmedownrulebook.

Edited by Pudding

I didn't understand the call on the muffed kick either but we ain't gonna give it back HaHa. I also didn't see why Clark went away from the pass as it was working against us, But he's the coach and knows best. Mistakes killed DB against Oak Ridge do away with them and they would be a different team. Just saying,  don't have a dog in the fight.

Uh, dog......    fight.......    Michael Vick anyone??

This one was my upset of the night game. What happened, did someone go and put for sale signs in all the coaches yards this week and get everyone fired up?

I've seen this happen a few times before in the past 10 years. People start turning up the heat on the coaching staff then all of the sudden in a game they look like world beaters. Everybody gets excited and then in the next game they go back to their old ways and everybody is left scratching their head. Hopefully this time they can stay engaged and keep it going.