TCA visits Halls

BigEdMo

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First game all season we had our entire OL in a game. They blew Halls off the ball all night. Horton had around 350 yds rushing and we had over 500 total rushing yards. Freshman QB had an awesome first game with a nice TD pass. Lost our best Defensive player halfway through 3rd Q with really bad cramps and it hurt us badly. Moore is a difference maker and we need him healthy.

Johnson is the fastest player I have ever seen in HS football. When he touches it you just hold your breath. He has amazing hands as well. Wish him well at MTSU and congrats to Halls for never giving up. I absolutely love going to games at Halls. The community support is wonderful and the football field in the middle of the neighborhood is great. Halls were great host tonight.

Congrats to the young Lions. I would not count them out yet. We now have a leg and a half so the butt kicking contest has now gone from one leg to one and a half legs!

Congrats! Good win for the Lions!!

Great to get a win. What we saw tonight is a little bit of what we know they can do. The starting offensive line played together tonight for the first time this year. And when they were in it was precision. They have to keep getting well. Still a lot of the season left. As for Halls they are dangerous. Number 21 is fast!!!!! Great to see small town football. Keep your heads up Halls you will surprise someone before the year is over. Got to get ready for that one legged butt kicking contest next week.

Unofficially, Horton had about 347  yards for TCA.  Holsinger added over 110 as well.  Bonstetter had 70 plus yards before taking knees last few plays of game.  The Little General did a great job of running the offense tonight as well.  The Johnson kid for Halls is spectacular.  Great receiver.  I appreciated the hospitality shown by the folks from Halls to me tonight in the press box. 

Unofficially, Horton had about 347  yards for TCA.  Holsinger added over 110 as well.  Bonstetter had 70 plus yards before taking knees last few plays of game.  The Little General did a great job of running the offense tonight as well.  The Johnson kid for Halls is spectacular.  Great receiver.  I appreciated the hospitality shown by the folks from Halls to me tonight in the press box.

that's right cupcake came in and threw that ball around like I knew he could. That opened up the run like crazy. Threw a touchdown and several big catches by freshmen and sophomores. And also cupcake never got touched. Like they say , you don't mess with big boys cupcake!!!!

Official stats on this game then it's time to move on.

Viktor Horton 26 carries for 355 yards and 3 scores. Noah Holsinger 14 carries for 100 yards and two scores. Tristen Bonstetter 5 rushes for 74 yards and 1 td.

Outstanding play from the offensive line in this game.

First game our entire OL has been there. Makes a difference.

First game our entire OL has been there. Makes a difference.

We're going to have to try and schedule you guys earlier in the season!!! Seriously though...good win against a good opponent, sounds like y'all will be ready to rumble by the time you get to "the cornfield". Congrats to the kids , coaches, and fans for staying true and keepin' on...good luck on the rest of the season (cept' against us...lol!)!!!

Edited by tradertwo

We're going to have to try and schedule you guys earlier in the season!!! Seriously though...good win against a good opponent, sounds like y'all will be ready to rumble by the time you get to "the cornfield". Congrats to the kids , coaches, and fans for staying true and keepin' on...good luck on the rest of the season (cept' against us...lol!)!!!

Thanks Trader. We have to take it week by week. Hard to say how we will finish regular season but this was a good place to start. Scotts Hill's offense scares me to death. Right now I don't think we could compete very well but by the 9th week maybe we can. These freshmen and sophs are starting to grow up. Good luck to SH the rest of the year!