Is Knoxville Catholic the best team in the State? (All Classifications)

Spartan4Life

Belfry will be a BATTLE. They are the Kentucky equivalent of Maryville. They've won the last 3 state titles in a row and had 4 runner ups in the last 9 years. They will have a tough matchup with Fulton and Greeneville along the way. Should be slightly easier than last year if we host the games.

wouldn't say they are maryville equivalent in kentucky.. that would be trinity bc they have like 26 state titles in their history.. anyways belfry is really good and will be a good test for catholic on their quest to state.. greeneville and marshall county should be good a good game

Belfry and Greeneville are not in the same category. Catholic could lose to Belfry and still beat Greeneville by 30

I guess we shall see. I don't see anyone beating Greeneville by 30. Greeneville knows it's own about KY football playing Mercer County after they won state and never losing to Harlan co a team that plays Belfry every year. When Belfry won state in 2013 and 2014 Greeneville beat Harlan Co. 45 to 0 were Belfry won 21 to 12. In 2014 Greeneville beat Harlan Co. 38 to 0 and Belfry won 38 to 20 so we know about KY football. Catholic hasn't played a team as good as Greeneville so far this year

Edited by Swipes

I guess we shall see. I don't see anyone beating Greeneville by 30. Greeneville knows it's own about KY football playing Mercer County after they won state and never losing to Harlan co a team that plays Belfry every year. When Belfry won state in 2014 Greeneville beat Harlan Co. 38 to 0 were Belfry won 38 to 20. Catholic hasn't played a team as good as Greeneville so far this year

That was the past. We shall see.

I agree with you but Greeneville is also better than they were last year and alot more balance. Not saying Greeneville would win but should be a great game like last years quarter final match up when Catholic pulled it out in the 4th going in tied 21 to 21.

Hard to believe you're better without Dabbs....Those are BIG shoes to fill! He was impressive.

Hard to believe you're better without Dabbs....Those are BIG shoes to fill! He was impressive.

That was the problem last year we were to one dimensional and allowing Dabbs carry the team. That showed when we were tied 21 to 21 with yall going into the 4th when Dabbs went down and ended up throwing a pick next to our goal line and losing by 14. If you haven't seen Greeneville this year they are 50/50 run pass not 80/20 like last year and that has shown in every game. So no more keying on the RB like last year because Ballard will run the read option and keep it more than last year. (Ballard hurt yall on some runs last year when Dabbs went out). This team is young and might be a year away but I think will give yall a good game because they do have athletes all over the field in Young, Shuffler, Goddard, Hite, Ballard, Thompson, Williams, Barner, and crawford