Was Fulton scheduling Maryville a mistake?

32hammer

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And stop sugar coating everything

It doesn't seem odd ain't nothing odd about it!

Just say it!

Alcoa dropped catholic from their football schedule

Everybody knows why

And it's not disrespectful to predict you will beat someone badly

You're right. Not disrespectful at all.

Alcoa would beat Catholic by 3 TDs. There. Done.

The views expressed by Huh and Cypress Bend aren't necessarily those of long time Irish supporters like Q and I.

We both respect all of the programs in the area. It does seem a little odd that we play Alcoa and CAK in every sport but football but being in the same district kind of requires that...Fulton, Alcoa and Maryville all have programs that most teams would love to emulate. We've tried to play the best but haven't had luck scheduling Maryville, Alcoa, OR, West etc. Traveling to Morristown, Nashville and Kentucky to play good competition is a bit crazy when there are plenty of good teams in this area. I understand Maryville has a full schedule with strong opponents like Fulton added in but Alcoa refuses to play us and OR and West both wanted big $$$ to come play. Alcoa and OR both picked up big paydays to go thump Webb.

and to get to the topic Fulton will benefit in the long run from playing Maryville both at the gate and in the competition.

My wish list for state.

1A Greenback

2A AE or Grace

3A Alcoa

4A Catholic

5A Oak Ridge

6A Maryville

DII A1 Webb

DII Baylor

Yea.....Alcoa had to travel out of state to get games. Bell County KY was a funny game. But,finally Heritage and WB was added back to the schedule. This means only one floating game to pickup every two years. The last 6 years has been Fulton.....Catholic....now Webb.

Edited by BCsportsfan

My wish list for state.

1A Greenback

2A AE or Grace

3A Alcoa

4A Catholic

5A Oak Ridge

6A Maryville

DII A1 Webb

DII Baylor

Yea.....Alcoa had to travel out of state to get games. Bell County KY was a funny game. But,finally Heritage and WB was added back to the schedule. This means only one floating game to pickup every two years. The last 6 years has been Fulton.....Catholic....now Webb.

I look for WB to drop us after this year because of the SUPER 32 going away. Plus, I'm sure Alcoa is their lowest gate draw. $$ 😂

My wish list for state.

1A Greenback

2A AE or Grace

3A Alcoa

4A Catholic

5A Oak Ridge

6A Maryville

DII A1 Webb

DII Baylor

I say big heck no to Grace. Sorry can't go there

I look for WB to drop us after this year because of the SUPER 32 going away. Plus, I'm sure Alcoa is their lowest gate draw. $$

If WB drops Alcoa( one of only 4 in county teams and a 3A team at that) then whoever makes that decision needs to come forward and tell the parents. If you do this are you teaching kids its better to quit, run away or hide instead of competing to get better?

If WB drops Alcoa( one of only 4 in county teams and a 3A team at that) then whoever makes that decision needs to come forward and tell the parents. If you do this are you teaching kids its better to quit, run away or hide instead of competing to get better?

I hope I'm wrong, but I can see it coming. I feel as though the only reason we got them to play the two year deal was due to the losses not affecting their playoff standings. However, with the SUPER 32 (JOKE) being dismantled after this year, that deal is off the table. I guess we shall see......

Talked to Maryville Fellers.....crazy thing.....They are also getting killed in CoachT IFL play. Their record. 0-213.

Reality.....both schools has 29 state championships. Never lost to Catholic or Webb.

So, in CoachT IFL play the greatest teams to EVER touch a football is Fulton 2013-2014 and Catholic 2016?! Who wins this imaginary matchup? The funny thing one get its FIRST loss in IFL play......Booooo. Who will Mark Packer pick?........can he edit video and have both win? LOL!

lmao