Was Fulton scheduling Maryville a mistake?

32hammer

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've played

. I've played. I can still play, just slower. lol.

Catholic is loaded this year, no one questions that. But facts are facts.  If they were that good they wouldn't had those losses last year. They got beat by teams that lost to Maryville and Alcoa.

Chase Kuerschen and Chase Cunningham weren't playing in most of those losses. Kuershen had a broken foot and Cunningham was the third stringer until injuries to the other QBs. We've also seen big improvements across the board.

All that is irrelevant

Catholic lost no excuses they got beat!!!!!

But again comparing a team in 2016 to a team of another season has no meaning other than to hear ones self talk

It does show patterns that allow for predicting  a future outcome with greater accuracy. That's all I'm saying. Alcoa and Maryville will both lose some great seniors. All state seniors. But I bet no one would be willing to wager  10K on each of next years games against both schools. That's just based on past performance and future expectations for past trends to continue. So yes, past teams ( especially just one year removed) are indicators of future success and are relevant to the discussion.