Was Fulton scheduling Maryville a mistake?

32hammer

Talked to Maryville Fellers.....crazy thing.....They are also getting killed in CoachT IFL play. Their record. 0-213.

Reality.....both schools has 29 state championships. Never lost to Catholic or Webb.

So, in CoachT IFL play the greatest teams to EVER touch a football is Fulton 2013-2014 and Catholic 2016?! Who wins this imaginary matchup? The funny thing one get its FIRST loss in IFL play......Booooo. Who will Mark Packer pick?........can he edit video and have both win? LOL!

To be honest who cares?  All this IFL talk is crazy, unless these teams play it's hard to tell. However, I do know that the athletes seem to cheer for each other.  When Catholic was playing Pearl-Cohn in Cookeville I was sitting near a whole section of Maryville fans and some of the players waiting to be taped and they were cheering hard for the Irish (the Rebels knew the Irish players by name).  Some of us stayed for the 6A title game and cheered just as hard for Maryville. Maryville is by far most the dominant program in this state hands down (Alcoa, Brentwood Academy and Baylor follow suit).  I grew up in Chicago watching Mount Carmel High School (as of today they have 35 players playing college football at various levels) just run wild with Chicago area and Illinois teams, but having seen Maryville they are just as good as the Caravan. Catholic is having a good season so coachT ego's get bruised because they have talented group (these kids have played together since the 2nd and 3rd grade in Catholic Youth Football.  It goes in cycles for certain teams and I guess people want to shoot that down by bring up a coaches past, and bring up games from years ago. I understand trash talk but this too personal.

Edited by QSouth89

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2012 Alcoa rack up its 14th win against Fulton. 30-6. the overall record 14-1

2013 Alcoa adds Catholic to schedule. Alcoa beats Catholic by 40+ points Fulton struggles with Catholic but pull out a 4th qtrs win. Clearly Alcoa is a much better team.

2014 Catholic beats Fulton and wins 4A state championship. .....But losses home game against Alcoa.

2015 Fulton gets hammered by Maryville. Alcoa take Maryville to the wire in a 14-20 loss.

Keep believing your own garbage and be glad the All time record is NOT 17-1.

Alcoa has played recent series with Fulton, Catholic and Webb. Again 14-1 against the black buzzards....Never lost to the others. Yea.....they run from Competition Tommy Boy!

Your 2014 year is way off as Alcoa beat Catholic 21 to 14 and Catholic got rolled 51 to 14 by Fulton. I respect all the teams that are being discussed but you can't compare teams from year to year because every team is different and everything is speculation if not played on the field.

Once again reading comprehension a problem in Blount co

This thread is about fulton

Once again no one person has ever said catholic is the best team even in knox co

What we are saying is that we will never know who was better between catholic and little maryville

Because Alcoa would not step up

Nothing more nothing less

Catholic may go winless the rest of 2016

I don't do imaginary match ups or who wins based on like opponents

Could careless about that I will leave that to the Internet heroes who were in the band

Come over and watch us play belfry ky

They may very well beat us but once again if we lose it will be a great experience

But yall will probably be playing one of this Blount co out of district power house programs

Be hard to miss that

Edited by CypressBend

To be honest who cares? All this IFL talk is crazy, unless these teams play it's hard to tell. However, I do know that the athletes seem to cheer for each other. When Catholic was playing Pearl-Cohn in Cookeville I was sitting near a whole section of Maryville fans and some of the players waiting to be taped and they were cheering hard for the Irish (the Rebels knew the Irish players by name). Some of us stayed for the 6A title game and cheered just as hard for Maryville. Maryville is by far most the dominant program in this state hands down (Alcoa, Brentwood Academy and Baylor follow suit). I grew up in Chicago watching Mount Carmel High School (as of today they have 35 players playing college football at various levels) just run wild with Chicago area and Illinois teams, but having seen Maryville they are just as good as the Caravan. Catholic is having a good season so coachT ego's get bruised because they have talented group (these kids have played together since the 2nd and 3rd grade in Catholic Youth Football. It goes in cycles for certain teams and I guess people want to shoot that down by bring up a coaches past, and bring up games from years ago. I understand trash talk but this too personal.

Totally same page Q!

Because Alcoa would not step up

Funny that this is ALL you can come up with to dis-credit a team that has NEVER lost to YOUR team.

Well...My question to YOU. Why run from DII 2A where you SHOULD be? Scared???

Private school playing publics schools? Man up big boy! Go play Brentwood Academy, Ensworth. Baylor, MBA, MUS and others that can recruit also!

Edited by BCsportsfan

absolutely

I think everybody considers the source and knows how the Alcoa crowd rolls .

They love to make fun publically post after post of other people from other schools of dumb things there fan base has done

They love to run people down and associate that negativity w a school

The only post in this exchange that was personal was a reference about a lawyer and once again guess who?

But that was expected

That and the blond joke well that's pretty much all they know

Hiw many times has that been referenced

But that's the kind of folks who love message boards

So it's fun just to smear a little dog doo doo in the face of the ones who love to run people down from behind a keyboard

And I would like to close with it doesn't matter who is the best team it really doesn't

Yall can have the pecker measuring contest

That's important for the fan who never got to experience it

All that matters is you play the best competition out there

And Alcoa won't do that so yall can win 100 trophies

To me and most folks your the team that steps down when you think you will lose

That's my opinion

But it's fact that yall quit the series!

The kids know Catholic is gonna play the best out there and the kids for the most part that move on to d1 and are elite want as much competition the can get

That doesn't mean going 14-1

Started to say 15-0 but almost forgot about maryville

Hard to just admit you support a program that quit a series to protect your record isn't it

I would rather lose 100 games as be called a quitter 1 time

Always moves on to private vs public

Helen Keller saw that coming

You Alcoa folks won't ever get it

Who cares where anybody is classified

Who cares about the past

We will play where tssaa tell us by law to play

But on schedule out of district

We will play anybody

Unlike alcoa

Edited by CypressBend

absolutely

I think everybody considers the source and knows how the Alcoa crowd rolls .

They love to make fun publically post after post of other people from other schools of dumb things there fan base has done

They love to run people down and associate that negativity w a school

The only post in this exchange that was personal was a reference about a lawyer and once again guess who?

But that was expected

That and the blond joke well that's pretty much all they know

Hiw many times has that been referenced

But that's the kind of folks who love message boards

So it's fun just to smear a little dog doo doo in the face of the ones who love to run people down from behind a keyboard

And I would like to close with it doesn't matter who is the best team it really doesn't

Yall can have the pecker measuring contest

That's important for the fan who never got to experience it

All that matters is you play the best competition out there

And Alcoa won't do that so yall can win 100 trophies

To me and most folks your the team that steps down when you think you will lose

That's my opinion

But it's fact that yall quit the series!

The kids know Catholic is gonna play the best out there and the kids for the most part that move on to d1 and are elite want as much competition the can get

That doesn't mean going 14-1

Started to say 15-0 but almost forgot about maryville

YOU keep believing that Alcoa is scared of a team that they have NEVER lost too....And I will keep believing YOUR team gets beat down in DII Private school football.

Love it we can't beat you but brentwood can

Nothing to believe or not to believe

Understand this

I COULD CARELESS WHO WINS OR LOSSES

Your coach dropped the series!!!!!!!!!!!

THATS ALL ANYBODY NEEDS TO KNOW

Who cares who wins or loses

Good Lord you alcoa folks are slow

It's just the point that yall dropped the series

Weak sister move that has kept everybody from giving you elite program status

It has cost yall

Edited by CypressBend

To be honest, I'm pulling hard for Catholic to win state. I would like to see all Knox area team bring back gold.

The main Catholic supporters are classy.

But there some new clown shoe wearing ding-a-lings whining all the time at imaginary games......BTW.....Alcoa dropped anot her game last night to the Denver Broncos....now Alcoa 0-119 in CoachT IFL play

The views expressed by Huh and Cypress Bend aren't necessarily those of long time Irish supporters like Q and I.

We both respect all of the programs in the area. It does seem a little odd that we play Alcoa and CAK in every sport but football but being in the same district kind of requires that...Fulton, Alcoa and Maryville all have programs that most teams would love to emulate. We've tried to play the best but haven't had luck scheduling Maryville, Alcoa, OR, West etc. Traveling to Morristown, Nashville and Kentucky to play good competition is a bit crazy when there are plenty of good teams in this area. I understand Maryville has a full schedule with strong opponents like Fulton added in but Alcoa refuses to play us and OR and West both wanted big $$$ to come play. Alcoa and OR both picked up big paydays to go thump Webb.

and to get to the topic Fulton will benefit in the long run from playing Maryville both at the gate and in the competition.

Lets clear the air again for the ex band players from maryville jr

Alcoa has hooped and hollered. Made fun of fans

Bring it up ur after after yr same story

They get a little and can't take it

So let me help you here

This is the theme everybody need to understabd

GARY RANKING DROPPED CATHOLIC FROM HIS SCHEDULE BECAUSE HE KNEW HE WAS FIXING TO GET EMBARRASSED

PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it's not about CATHOLIC

it's about yall thumping that chest all the time about how big and bad Alcoa is blah blah

Everybody is tired of hearing it.

Yall are on the Internet crying like a little kid we we took the toy from all because someone stands up to yall

It's not about who won who lost

Nothing more than letting everybody know that yall support a program that will only schedule games they think they will win

Other than Maryville but yall are made to take that butt whippin annually

So keep kickin screamin

We are talking bout fulton in this thread

Yes much respect for coach black who is not afraid to take game he knows he will orobably lose

Dang. Bagpipe lady going all out here. 😂😂😂