Class A - Region 2

VFL44

You've seemed to largely downplay the success of this team all season. I hope and pray you guys can make it out of districts to have a shot at Harriman. Maybe then you will have a respect of just how good this team is. Teams like this are few and far between and the success they've had is no coincidence. They've been right on the cusp the last 2 years behind 2 of the best teams in single A. This year experience and talent have all came together and they're reaping the benefits of knocking on the door of the best. They lose a game to Oakdale, the Eagles played great and deserved it! Explain to me where there's any sign of being overrated when looking at the overall body of work. I mean no disrespect I just do not see how anybody could assume Harriman or Grace are anywhere near overrated this season.

I think it's less of Harriman being overrated, and a little more of Oakdale being underrated. Harriman is a very good team! Everyone has off days, however, I don't think Harriman was 9 pts off the other night. I'd love to see Harriman and Coalfield, but I don't see CF coming out of districts. Best of Luck!

You've seemed to largely downplay the success of this team all season. I hope and pray you guys can make it out of districts to have a shot at Harriman. Maybe then you will have a respect of just how good this team is. Teams like this are few and far between and the success they've had is no coincidence. They've been right on the cusp the last 2 years behind 2 of the best teams in single A. This year experience and talent have all came together and they're reaping the benefits of knocking on the door of the best. They lose a game to Oakdale, the Eagles played great and deserved it! Explain to me where there's any sign of being overrated when looking at the overall body of work. I mean no disrespect I just do not see how anybody could assume Harriman or Grace are anywhere near overrated this season.

My son has played four years vs. Harriman in district and I can tell you that Harriman is not overrated! No offense just some honest feedback......if they will play 4 quarters of defense like they play offense they could be top in region! They lack some size and discipline vs teams like GCA but have great athletic jumping ability. If they focus on fundamental basketball on D and box out and crash boards on O they will win the close games they have lost. Limit mistakes!

I poked a little fun at GB earlier. And now they're winning bb games :)

Keep poking King! 😂 All jokes aside my son is just happy they are competing and hopes to hang on to 4th place in a very tough district and host the first District tournament game on our home floor in Lord knows how long. He is averaging 20 points per game Senior year and would love to make Region tourney! He'll soon hang up the gym shoes and say goodbye to a sport he's loved since he was 4 years old! As a Mom I am thankful to see the smile on his face when he shares with me the responses he has been getting from the other district teams coaches in their respect for his game!

I poked a little fun at GB earlier. And now they're winning bb games :)

Keep poking King! 😂 All jokes aside my son is just happy they are competing and hopes to hang on to 4th place in a very tough district and host the first District tournament game on our home floor in Lord knows how long. He is averaging 20 points per game Senior year while often double teamed and would love to make Region tourney! He'll soon hang up the gym shoes and say goodbye to a sport he's loved since he was 4 years old! As a Mom I am thankful to see the smile on his face when he shares with me the responses he has been getting from the other district teams coaches in their respect for his game!

Go back and read all of my post. I said that Grace and Harriman should win the region. Look it up.

People are just too serious on here. I'm just giving them a hard time. Coalfield gave Grace all they wanted in the region last year. I'm just saying, it's anybodies game come tournament time. You all ought to know that from football.

My response had nothing to do with your comments. I have not seen Coalfield or Oakdale play this year. Just basing off of what I have seen in Harriman and Grace and it appears Grace at times makes uncharacteristic mistakes and doesn't play with a big enough chip on their shoulder and Harriman doesn't always play discipline basketball and takes possessions off on D. Saying that they are both still really good teams but would be even better if.....

I think it's less of Harriman being overrated, and a little more of Oakdale being underrated. Harriman is a very good team! Everyone has off days, however, I don't think Harriman was 9 pts off the other night. I'd love to see Harriman and Coalfield, but I don't see CF coming out of districts. Best of Luck!

You think Coalfield gets upset in the 1st round of the district tournament?

I can't imagine CF finishing lower than 3rd much less not making region. To be honest, they have a pretty good shot at 1st. We'll see how it plays out....but to lose a play-in game given the struggles of the bottom of the district seems near impossible; short of a mass illness on the team.

Keep poking King! 😂 All jokes aside my son is just happy they are competing and hopes to hang on to 4th place in a very tough district and host the first District tournament game on our home floor in Lord knows how long. He is averaging 20 points per game Senior year and would love to make Region tourney! He'll soon hang up the gym shoes and say goodbye to a sport he's loved since he was 4 years old! As a Mom I am thankful to see the smile on his face when he shares with me the responses he has been getting from the other district teams coaches in their respect for his game!

By the way, congrats to your boy for having a great season. I'd say he's been a big part of their success this season. I would like to see the Cherokees make the region. Who knows what will happen when tournament time comes.