Class A - Region 2

VFL44

The trick to beating Harriman is to let them lead for 38 mins then smeak up on them 😂ðŸ‘ðŸ¼ðŸ‘.........just kidding we actually had the lead some ourself.

Now about wartburg they shoot like 35 3balls a game so I assume they live and die by that?

Fountain and Carrol have a green light to pull one from anywhere. If you can limit one of them then they will struggle overall on offense. They also have a couple kids who like to shoot the corner 3 and if they're hot they can go for big nights.

Fountain and Carrol have a green light to pull one from anywhere. If you can limit one of them then they will struggle overall on offense. They also have a couple kids who like to shoot the corner 3 and if they're hot they can go for big nights.

Wartburg will shoot the 3 ball all night..........Carroll is very good in transition slashing to the basket but he will leave his feet and pick up charges. You can pound the ball inside against wartburg or at least that's what Jellico had success with in the district tournament. If GCA does not get into a 3 point shoot-out with them then they should be okay in getting a 12-15 point win IMO. Grace's size will bother them especially around the basket when they do drive but they don't do it often. Living on the 3 ball on a neutral floor is risky business for Wartburg and I don't see them having success of points in the paint. If carroll or fountain get into any foul trouble and have to sit this will spell big trouble for Wartburg and they are foul prone with the way they play using full court pressure. They try to speed you up and get you to take early shots in every possession.  This match-up screams trouble for Wartburg.............. but you never know that's why they play the game. So, we shall see come Tuesday evening. 

Edited by ZOA9

We've got some analysis going on game one, but what about the night cap? What's keys to victory for Meigs and Harriman?! What does each have to do in order to advance? And go!!

Other than OnB's wisdom, your best bet is get Zy Moore in foul trouble. GB played Meigs twice with same outcome of losses but 2 totally different games. Our first was an OT loss in which Zy did not play. With him on the court it changes everything. They go as Zy goes.....he makes everybody better. There is absolutely no reason Harriman should not be able to go inside on Meigs. Johnson and the other bigs should have a heyday if they want to. Harriman has more overall weapons, but they don't appear to be as defense minded as Meigs. Harriman needs to play D as well as O and Harriman will get their chance at revenge on GCA. I don't see them losing to Wartburg. There will be 2 from D3 going to Boro if I was a betting person!

Other than OnB's wisdom, your best bet is get Zy Moore in foul trouble. GB played Meigs twice with same outcome of losses but 2 totally different games. Our first was an OT loss in which Zy did not play. With him on the court it changes everything. They go as Zy goes.....he makes everybody better. There is absolutely no reason Harriman should not be able to go inside on Meigs. Johnson and the other bigs should have a heyday if they want to. Harriman has more overall weapons, but they don't appear to be as defense minded as Meigs. Harriman needs to play D as well as O and Harriman will get their chance at revenge on GCA. I don't see them losing to Wartburg. There will be 2 from D3 going to Boro if I was a betting person!

As always, great an breakdown of the keys to tonight's game LadyKee! I can't expresss how much I want to see my Blue Devils get another crack at Grace and get the opportunity to to play at The Glass House. This senior class has battled Grace and Meigs tooth and nail these past couple of seasons only to fall just short. We've given Grace all they wanted every time we've played but couldn't close the game out. We feel that it's our time now. Our boys have worked for this and these seniors aren't talking about just making the state tournament, they're talking about winning a state championship!! Win, lose, or draw I'm incredibly proud of this team and what they've accomplished!! Nevertheless it's do it die tonight! GO BIG BLUE let's get this W boys and play for a region title!!!