Happy Valley

EHSTrack06

Thats how JC Press listed the stats. Regardless, those boys and the whole team can play the game. Love watching them. 

Yeah I just looked at the press. Don;t know where they got their stats but they are bad wrong. Hampton had around 500 yds rushing but the distribution is away off. I was there.

It looks like Hampton and Happy Valley will battle for the region, but I still believe Austin East and Grace Christian beat both teams this year.

GCA ain't beating neither...Nor would they beat SN IMHO.

AE? Well, that's a different animal as all of 2A is about to find out 

Edited by uknoit2

The real stats are in the Star and Carter Co sports. They are plenty good accurately.

The feller that used to keep the team stats :ugeek:  handed it over to another feller this season...The new guy is pretty good but that spreadsheet can play tricks sometimes...All I know is those two dominated the field the entire night.

The feller that used to keep the team stats :ugeek:  handed it over to another feller this season...The new guy is pretty good but that spreadsheet can play tricks sometimes...All I know is those two dominated the field the entire night.

I'm a fan of talent and Dawgs are loaded with it. Don't care who you support, you gotta appreciate the talent of those young men. 

I'm just not sold on Happy Valley yet. We both know Grace is well coached. I wouldn't want to be matched up with that passing attack. It could either be real bad or real good.

I agree, don't sleep on Grace, they have played one heck of a schedule and have played some very good teams tough. They are one of those teams who are going to go into the playoffs at 5-5 that nobody will want to play. They will give Webb all they can handle this week. I do think that Happy Valley is for real though, they have been playing some good football so far.

Edited by LazIndexTN

They would destroy the teams in Elizabethton,s conference. Region 1 2a is better top to bottom than Region 1 3a. Etown is the exception but 3 of the 2a schools would hang in there with um.

I'm showing that you are correct. On average from top to bottom, 2A 1 is almost 4 points better than 3A 1. Cumberland Gap and North Greene are really bringing down that average in 2A, but the top is very strong with HV, Hampton, and Sullivan North. Elizabethton is obviously carrying the weight in 3A. Interesting part is that 4 teams in 3A would be competing with GP for fourth in 2A (Northview Academy, Unicoi, Pigeon Forge, and Johnson). The bottom of 3A is really low too (Chucky-Doak, West Greene, and Claiborne), but they would handle Cumberland Gap easily. So 3A 1 is pretty balanced and competitive after Elizabethton while 2A 1 is competitive at the top, with those schools feasting on the bottom of the region.

Edited by LazIndexTN

With all due respect, you must have missed the Hampton / GP game. Nobody puts that many points on a Benny Hammonds team. You may be right but I don't see it.

They can on a Hammond's team like this one.These aren't typical GP teams of a few years ago.GP is down and I don't know when they will be relevant again.Just not sure.Don't measure your team by scoring a bunch on them,just wait till you all play one of the good ones.I think Hampton is pretty darn good tho!

I'm showing that you are correct. On average from top to bottom, 2A 1 is almost 4 points better than 3A 1. Cumberland Gap and North Greene are really bringing down that average in 2A, but the top is very strong with HV, Hampton, and Sullivan North. Elizabethton is obviously carrying the weight in 3A. Interesting part is that 4 teams in 3A would be competing with GP for fourth in 2A (Northview Academy, Unicoi, Pigeon Forge, and Johnson). The bottom of 3A is really low too (Chucky-Doak, West Greene, and Claiborne), but they would handle Cumberland Gap easily. So 3A 1 is pretty balanced and competitive after Elizabethton while 2A 1 is competitive at the top, with those schools feasting on the bottom of the region.

And that puter is getting better every week.