Meigs County Football at McMinn Central

Tiger86

The secondary is pretty good, not sure how many interceptions they have but I know of 5 or 6. I know they gave up a long TD on a halfback pass last week according to the DPA but that's all so far this year. This game comes down to who stops the running game in my opinion. Meigs can run the ball with the two senior backs but they don't have much of a passing game with the freshman QB but he can run the ball also. As for the Chargers I know they can run the ball also with Long and some of the other guys. Defense wins the game for somebody, Who? your guess is as good as mine

🤔 Freshman QB can't pass you say? Interesting observation.....

Good win for the Tigers!!!! Keep it rolling!!!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Freshman QB can't pass you say? Interesting observation.....

Good win for the Tigers!!!! Keep it rolling!!!

He was 10 for 33 with 3 TDs and 5 ints before this game.  Two of the td passes last week were short dump offs to #23 the other was a one handed grab from #1. He hasn't connected down the field in previous games. A couple of completetions were great catches by receivers. That said he has made tremendous strides since first few games and will hopefully get even more accurate as the rest of the season progresses. The reason somethinghas been said about his passing last years QB was told he would be the starter until days before first game and he performed better in the passing game during pre-season than the freshman (he also had the players backing him). The running game and defense for Meigs did play a very big part in this win

Edited by jon630

This game pretty much did it for me.  I like coach Goodin, but if he loves the program he needs to resign at the end of the season.  There have been too many times our team hasn't been prepared, and that falls back on coaching.  When it's homecoming, and one of your biggest rivals (a smaller school) comes in and destroys you this way, and your team just lays there and takes it, it's time to hang it up.

This game pretty much did it for me. I like coach Goodin, but if he loves the program he needs to resign at the end of the season. There have been too many times our team hasn't been prepared, and that falls back on coaching. When it's homecoming, and one of your biggest rivals (a smaller school) comes in and destroys you this way, and your team just lays there and takes it, it's time to hang it up.

100% completely agree

Can I just say hats off to Meigs. Year in and year out they make it tough on us Chargers.  I cannot believe Marion did what they did to you guys.  I will however say #44 may want to put his self in check.  Did a number on our #20, very unnecessary.  I think he should have been suspended for next game to make him understand the severity of his decision.  Good ball player, but over zealous at times.  Fitzgerald showed a lot of class for setting him the rest of the game.  Good luck the rest of the way.

Edited by logcabinman

Can I just say hats off to Meigs. Year in and year out they make it tough on us Chargers. I cannot believe Marion did what they did to you guys. I will however say #44 may want to put his self in check. Did a number on our #20, very unnecessary. I think he should have been suspended for next game to make him understand the severity of his decision. Good ball player, but over zealous at times. Fitzgerald showed a lot of class for setting him the rest of the game. Good luck the rest of the way.

I watched that Fitzgerald man on Family Feud! Edited by orngnblk