6A Number 1 and Number 2 How They Stack Up By The Numbers

RCKickOffFootball

The point of any sports writer is to tell the facts and create conversation. No where in my statement will you find any bias, just thought provoking statements of fact. Im sorry its over your highly educated comprehension to be able to have a civil conversation about the facts..

Is this Cecil Joyce??

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fact: Maryville returns alot of starters from last year. Fact: Maryville hasn't lost to a Rutherford co team since 1995. Fact:Maryville has been banged up all year and still winning games. Why would someone believe that the results would change? Tell us why you think Oakland will win this year when they haven't got past the red monster in the east ever

One thing your not seeing is Rutherford is not the county of the past. Its the fastest growing county in the southeast US which is now giving the county schools a level of player they have not had before. unapproved website has listed Rutherford County as one of the top counties for high school football growth in the nation. No ones knocking your loyalty to your team but sometimes you have to look at the numbers. Just look up both teams right here on CoachT and compare their numbers so far this year. Comparing total points scored, total points given up, total yards on offense and total yards given up on defense. Then compare the teams they have played and their numbers. Oakland hasn't been close in any game they have played and their defense is currently ranked #3 in the nation. We all know its going to come down to the playoffs but this Oakland team is far beyond the Oakland team of last year. I have no bias as I cover all the teams in Rutherford County and ive seen them all many times. There is no one here that will even give them a game this year. They have no weaknesses..

Edited by RCKickOffFootball

One thing your not seeing is Rutherford is not the county of the past. Its the fastest growing county in the southeast US which is now giving the county schools a level of player they have not had before. unapproved website has listed Rutherford County as one of the top counties for high school football growth in the nation. No ones knocking your loyalty to your team but sometimes you have to look at the numbers. Just look up both teams right here on CoachT and compare their numbers so far this year. Comparing total points scored, total points given up, total yards on offense and total yards given up on defense. Then compare the teams they have played and their numbers. Oakland hasn't been close in any game they have played and their defense is currently ranked #3 in the nation. We all know its going to come down to the playoffs but this Oakland team is far beyond the Oakland team of last year. I have no bias as I cover all the teams in Rutherford County and ive seen them all many times. There is no one here that will even give them a game this year. They have no weaknesses..

So within 1 year the talent level has changed that drastically because that's the Kool aide your trying to make people drink? Here is a stat for you the record of the teams that Oakland has beat are 10-19 and only 1 team with a winning record. Maryville opponents have a record of 20-17. Yes Oakland has only given up 20 points against those teams that are 10-17. Both offensives have put up similar numbers so far this season. At least we can agree there is no one There that can give them a game, but luckily the big red machine isn't from THERE. I'm glad stats don't win you games and matchups and coaching does.

So within 1 year the talent level has changed that drastically because that's the Kool aide your trying to make people drink? Here is a stat for you the record of the teams that Oakland has beat are 10-19 and only 1 team with a winning record. Maryville opponents have a record of 20-17. Yes Oakland has only given up 20 points against those teams that are 10-17. Both offensives have put up similar numbers so far this season. At least we can agree there is no one There that can give them a game, but luckily the big red machine isn't from THERE. I'm glad stats don't win you games and matchups and coaching does.

Im not sure where your getting your numbers from as "similar numbers" but here are the reall numbers and it doesn't include the 62-0 win from last Friday.. http://wp.me/p7xj2l-jr and once again no one from Maryville can say anything without references the past...Its this year we are talking about.

Edited by RCKickOffFootball

Im not sure where your getting your numbers from as "similar numbers" but here are the reall numbers and it doesn't include the 62-0 win from last Friday.. http://wp.me/p7xj2l-jr and once again no one from Maryville can say anything without references the past...Its this year we are talking about.

As of right at  this present moment Maryville is 6-0.

Edited by rebelwoman87

point of a sports writer is to tell the facts and create conversation. No where in my statement will you find any bias, just thought provoking statements of fact. Im sorry its over your highly educated comprehension to be able to have a civil conversation about the facts. And by the way Ive been doing sports writing years longer than you were born. The problem on here is people like you who are nothing but bleacher creatures think they know it all but hide behind the post because they cant have a conversation about any facts.

Lol bleacher creature. My name is Eric Smith. I graduated from Oakland in 2003 and have watched football in this area since I could walk. You want to talk about facts, fine, but anybody could look at a box score and come up with the numbers that you spit out.

You want to make a case for Oakland fine, but prove it by breaking down the positions, cite Oakland's depth at the skill positions or the fact that they have a true quarterback on defense in Jackson Cauthen or have a solid kicking game that allows them to put up points any time they cross the 25.

Oakland is not the invincible juggernaut you make them out to be. They have yet to face a complete team at any point. Best win is over a Hillsboro team who will have to win out to make the playoffs or a Blackman team who isnt nearly as good as last season. Oakland turned the ball over at will against Hillsboro. Hillsboro lacked the offense to take advantage. If Oakland does that in the semis, they're going to get run through against Maryville. Number 1 reason why RuCo teams don't beat Maryville is because they don't value the football like Maryville does.

I love my alma mater like few people do. Not crazy about the current coach but will support him as long as he's at Oakland. I am not however, so biased that I'm gonna assume this is the year Oakland beats Maryville just because Oakland has looked good doing it up to this point. Maryville has beaten teams similar to Oakland time and time and time again because they have a TEAM concept that they execute to perfection. They're the closest version of the New England Patriots you will see at this level. Players and Coaches may go, but as long as George Quarles is there, the results will stay the same

Im not sure where your getting your numbers from as "similar numbers" but here are the reall numbers and it doesn't include the 62-0 win from last Friday.. http://wp.me/p7xj2l-jr and once again no one from Maryville can say anything without references the past...Its this year we are talking about.

Can you not read? Your own article states that both offense have scored around 43 points a game and that is "similar numbers". My stats came from looking up both teams schedule and who both have played so far and that's were the Maryville's opponents are 20-17 on the year and the teams Oakland have beat are 10-17. I thought you were a sports writer? I already said you held those teams to 20 points but their record is still 10-17 (not a good record).

Please tell me were I reference the past in my last post?