6A AP Poll really?

GWAVE1

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If poles don't matter watch what happens if they flip Maryville and Oakland. East Tennessee will never stop crying out!! Poles should never be based on history from prior years but in Tennessee that's a top priority in voting. If you base it soley on the numbers, offense vs defense, points scored vs points allowed, strength of schedule and wins and losses of opponent's, points scored vs points given up by opponent's in their other games, total offensive yards allowed vs total yards gained then taking out past history of prior years you would have to put Oakland above Maryville in the poles. There is no logic to justify other....But im sure the Maryville faithful will try and find a away..

If poles don't matter watch what happens if they flip Maryville and Oakland. East Tennessee will never stop crying out!! Poles should never be based on history from prior years but in Tennessee that's a top priority in voting. If you base it soley on the numbers, offense vs defense, points scored vs points allowed, strength of schedule and wins and losses of opponent's, points scored vs points given up by opponent's in their other games, total offensive yards allowed vs total yards gained then taking out past history of prior years you would have to put Oakland above Maryville in the poles. There is no logic to justify other....But im sure the Maryville faithful will try and find a away..

What is with all the hate with Maryville? If middle Tn fans doesn't think Maryville is that good, than beat them when the time gets here year after after. If middle Tn fans think Oakland or whoever should be 1 in the poll or before Maryville, than beat them when the playoffs gets here.

Everyone can complain all they want when it comes to Maryville, but until one of the Middle Tn teams beats them, they have no right to complain. Just beat them if you want to knock the best off the top!

You can go by strength of schedule of you want to. I am willing to bet, if Maryville was in Oaklands region, they'd still be playing a west team in the state. Still be 10-0. Even tho I like Maryville and think they're the best in the state, it does get old. They're the Bama in college football. Until you can beat them, they're and should be number 1-2 in 6A polls. Always between Maryville and a west team.

What is with all the hate with Maryville? If middle Tn fans doesn't think Maryville is that good, than beat them when the time gets here year after after. If middle Tn fans think Oakland or whoever should be 1 in the poll or before Maryville, than beat them when the playoffs gets here.

Everyone can complain all they want when it comes to Maryville, but until one of the Middle Tn teams beats them, they have no right to complain. Just beat them if you want to knock the best off the top!

You can go by strength of schedule of you want to. I am willing to bet, if Maryville was in Oaklands region, they'd still be playing a west team in the state. Still be 10-0. Even tho I like Maryville and think they're the best in the state, it does get old. They're the Bama in college football. Until you can beat them, they're and should be number 1-2 in 6A polls. Always between Maryville and a west team.

Ravenwood is a Middle TN team. Check your map

Polls are meaningless at all levels! Personally never pay much mind to them. The only time they matter is at the end of the year. Not where you start but where you finish. JMO

And a fine opinion that is. High school polls and to a lesser extent college polls are wastes of newsprint.

I am sure we have a few on the T that remember newsprint but I digress. GO REBELS wherever the "experts" rank you.

Edited by plumb69

Eye'm knott cryin' studd......Mairvul ort two bee rainked #33 uhhh #32 inn tha pole.....And jist hoap we down't git beet bye anuthur RuCo teem......... :popcorneater:

I have never heard a Maryville poster complain about their rating in a poll. Maryville takes care of their business year in and out and deserves all they get! Class program that everyone is pursuing to be like. Just my opinion no one from RC should be saying anything about the Rebels unless RC schools start beating them on a regular basis. Not going to happen and Maryville has proved that the last 8 meetings! Just my two cents.

Last I checked Maryville lost last year so by your logic just because they won 2 years ago they should be ranked 1? Each year should be ranked independently of the prior year and this is the biggest problem with high school rankings. If they used a system that made sense based upon points scored, defense and total yardage and strength of schedule then it would be something to talk about. Placing Maryville at the top by East Tennessee sports writers is totally bias. Every year should be a stand alone year and if it was then the stats speak for themselves.