Possible New Regions?

kingofthenorth

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First week of September: TSSAA will ask for member schools enrollments as of the 20th day of school.

Sept. 16: Deadline for enrollment information to be sent to TSSAA.

Last week of September: TSSAA will post on its website member school enrollments.

First week of October: Letter sent to all schools giving them an opportunity to move to Division II.

Oct. 14: Deadline for schools to move to Division II.

Oct. 17: Divide schools into Division I and Division II. Apply multiplier, if used, to Division I independent schools. Divide schools into the number of classes approved in both Division I and Division II.

Oct. 18: Send letter to all schools giving them an opportunity to play up in classification.

Oct. 25: Deadline for schools to move up in classification.

Oct. 26-November: Prepare district and region alignments.

November: Set districts and regions for next four years at next Board meeting or state office staff sets districts and regions for next four years and post on website prior to board meeting.

Nov. 17: Board of Control meeting.

First week of September: TSSAA will ask for member schools enrollments as of the 20th day of school.

Sept. 16: Deadline for enrollment information to be sent to TSSAA.

Last week of September: TSSAA will post on its website member school enrollments.

First week of October: Letter sent to all schools giving them an opportunity to move to Division II.

Oct. 14: Deadline for schools to move to Division II.

Oct. 17: Divide schools into Division I and Division II. Apply multiplier, if used, to Division I independent schools. Divide schools into the number of classes approved in both Division I and Division II.

Oct. 18: Send letter to all schools giving them an opportunity to play up in classification.

Oct. 25: Deadline for schools to move up in classification.

Oct. 26-November: Prepare district and region alignments.

November: Set districts and regions for next four years at next Board meeting or state office staff sets districts and regions for next four years and post on website prior to board meeting.

Nov. 17: Board of Control meeting.

Why do schools have a choice to go to Div II

Do we have any smart people out here who want to take a shot at predicting the new regions for next year? I am very curious to find out.

There'll be about 47-48 per class divided into 8 districts.  The sensible thing would be 6 teams per district, but I guarantee the TSSAA will have some districts with 7 or 8 teams and others with 5 or maybe even 4 (automatic playoff berths for all!).  The complicating thing that makes projections difficult is that so many of the small privates are going to Division II, but we won't know exactly how many for a few weeks.

Cutoffs should be around:

1A-- 150--248% variance in enrollment from smallest to largest

2A-- 400--33% variance in enrollments from smallest to largest

3A-- 600--35% variance in enrollments from smallest to largest

4A-- 810--37% variance in enrollments from smallest to largest

5A--1115--34% variance in enrollments from smallest to largest

6A--1500+--53% variance in enrollments from smallest to largest (2300)

Edited by BlueDevil58

I'd say 4 in each region.  TSSAA makes big money and all schools want to get there.  Most never have a chance of winning it all so the playoffs is there goal.  And even that can be a big task for some.

You are correct.

The reason for 6 classes with automatic berths for the Super 32 this last time around was to simplify things AND keep the 6 playoff systems intact.  They want 32 teams in each class going to the playoffs, so 4 per region.  They make a ton of money off this.

With only about 47 or 48 schools in each class, this means 2/3 of the schools in Tennessee will be playoff bound next November.

Edited by BlueDevil58

I was thinking 3 at most but 4 Wow! That will put alot of teams that never had a chance in with only 6 in a Region!

That's assuming they divide regions evenly, which they've never done.

With 4 per region making it in, there are 5 team regions where all you have to do is beat that 1 team at the bottom and make it in at 1-9.  Meanwhile, other districts will have 8 or even 9 teams where you can go 6-4 but be left out in the cold.

Supposedly the reasons for this are to save on travel expenses, but try telling that to the 6-4 teams.

I don't see why the TSSAA would be any different this time around.

Edited by BlueDevil58

That's assuming they divide regions evenly, which they've never done.

With 4 per region making it in, there are 5 team regions where all you have to do is beat that 1 team at the bottom and make it in at 1-9.  Meanwhile, other districts will have 8 or even 9 teams where you can go 6-4 but be left out in the cold.

Supposedly the reasons for this are to save on travel expenses, but try telling that to the 6-4 teams.

I don't see why the TSSAA would be any different this time around.

Short travel would be nice! The way our region is now its crazy how far we have to travel to some games! TSSAA never has a simple solution though!!!!