Possible New Regions?

kingofthenorth

Most likely they'll stay in District 1 along with:

Cloudland

Jellico

Unaka

Oakdale

Hancock

There are so few 1A schools in the far Eastern part of the state that they'll probably need to just group the 5 farthest east to create a 5 team district, unless the TSSAA pulls something weird and creates a 4 team district with automatic berths for everybody. The travel for teams like Jellico and Oakdale up to Cloudland and Unaka is insane.

Jellico will probably ask to be placed in 1A. They expected to be last time and were flabbergasted that Oakdale was the team sent there instead of them a couple of years ago. They would much rather play Unaka and Hancock Co. than Coalfield and Greenback.

As much as I hate to say it, geographically, it makes far more sense for Greenback to be in Region 1 over Oakdale, Jellico, or Harriman.

But Jellico's proximity to Sneedville will probably send them to region 1. That's assuming they make whatever the cut is for 1A.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree and congrats to them for getting it back in the right direction. Wish them the best.

Some great games between you guys and the Landers over the years. Roan Mt loves their football ,but its just not been right the last several years. The pieces are in place. May not be next season but after that ,its on.

Some great games between you guys and the Landers over the years. Roan Mt loves their football ,but its just not been right the last several years. The pieces are in place. May not be next season but after that ,its on.

I'm not certain. Sure Mike is back, and their underclassmen are extremely talented, but the middle school team is atrocious. Might really hurt their depth in about 3 seasons if they don't improve.

I'm not certain. Sure Mike is back, and their underclassmen are extremely talented, but the middle school team is atrocious. Might really hurt their depth in about 3 seasons if they don't improve.

Can't pay any attention to the middle school. The players are there and we had several gooduns that didn't play. Middle school will be much better next season.

it would be good to see them back at the level that they used to be at it would make the east a lot tougher.

Guest hevyrevy1611

I just hope each region has no more than 6-7 teams in it so we can play the non-region games against more top-tier & stronger teams from any class (provided they wish to play & both schedules allow). And also it'd allow for longtime rivals to renew. With 5 or 6 Region/Conference games, the rest of the 10 games are whoever you can get. imo the better the team played the better your team becomes. We'll see what's been decided before too much longer. And we'll all havta buckle down & deal with it as before, adjusting & adapting and moving onward. It'll all be fine in long run. Things gonna get more fun, exciting, competitive, and unifying local communities behind their sports teams. It's my hopes anyways. GO DRESDEN. :)

I would rather see greenback go 2a than be moved to region 1 no disrespect but that region is weaker than region 2.

I would almost guarantee we would go 2A if they make us go north.Last time Harriman wanted the move but we talked to Oakdale first and theyjumped all over it and Harriman was POed! Edited by orngnblk

I would almost guarantee we would go 2A if they make us go north.Last time Harriman wanted the move but we talked to Oakdale first and theyjumped all over it and Harriman was POed!

Cloudland went 2a a couple of years to cut down on travel.  Pretty sure they went 20 and 0 those 2 years. Playoff were extremely tough. Region 2 2a was a guantlet at that time.

Cloudland went 2a a couple of years to cut down on travel. Pretty sure they went 20 and 0 those 2 years. Playoff were extremely tough. Region 2 2a was a guantlet at that time.

Yep would be hard but at least you have a chance to improve thru the year.In region 1 it would be 1 game a year.GHS/Cloudland!