South Pittsburg vs Sale Creek (Grider against this Cox man)

Roy Dillard

I hope South Pittsburg's #10 heals quickly. Our #1 that was injured has a compound fracture and is at the hospital. Last update was that that they were going to sedate him to straighten it for x-rays and then probably prep for surgery.

Good luck on the rest of your season.

Sale Creek OC

Thoughts and prayers are with him and the medical personnel working on him. You could tell from the reaction of those close by that it was a bad injury. The principal was standing in the end zone and was having the ambulance sent for before the staff could even get on the field to check him out.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope South Pittsburg's #10 heals quickly. Our #1 that was injured has a compound fracture and is at the hospital. Last update was that that they were going to sedate him to straighten it for x-rays and then probably prep for surgery.

Good luck on the rest of your season.

Sale Creek OC

Our thoughts and prayers are with this young man.  Keep us updated Sale Creek OC.

I was watching your #1 with my binoculars.  He was definitely in pain.  Our #10 will be xrayed this morning to determine the course of action.  It was weird that #10's dad was working on his right ankle and ran down to #1 to work on his right ankle.

I was in the pressbox, and had told Coach Cox that it looked like #10 was not going back in the game because they were working on his leg but i obviously couldn't tell what was wrong. Then when ours got hurt, Coach Cox tells me in the headset that the guy stabalizing our player's leg was the father of #10.

Our player was released from the hospital. They have to go back to see a surgeon this week. Dont know yet if surgery will be requirred, they want to see how it looks when he goes back. Also have been told that it was not compound because it didnt come through, but was just a bad break. I have watched the film and it was just a football deal. 2 of your guys and 2 of ours all got tangled up, just one of those things that unfortunately happens sometimes.

We would also like to Thank South Pittsburg's administration, coaching staff, and everyone else that flew into action so quickly when this injury happened. I read the boards and I know you guys get alot of trash thrown your way, but all we saw was a class act from top down last night. We always point to South Pittsburg as an example of what small schools can do if they are willing to work.

I was in the pressbox, and had told Coach Cox that it looked like #10 was not going back in the game because they were working on his leg but i obviously couldn't tell what was wrong. Then when ours got hurt, Coach Cox tells me in the headset that the guy stabalizing our player's leg was the father of #10.

Our player was released from the hospital. They have to go back to see a surgeon this week. Dont know yet if surgery will be requirred, they want to see how it looks when he goes back. Also have been told that it was not compound because it didnt come through, but was just a bad break. I have watched the film and it was just a football deal. 2 of your guys and 2 of ours all got tangled up, just one of those things that unfortunately happens sometimes.

We would also like to Thank South Pittsburg's administration, coaching staff, and everyone else that flew into action so quickly when this injury happened. I read the boards and I know you guys get alot of trash thrown your way, but all we saw was a class act from top down last night. We always point to South Pittsburg as an example of what small schools can do if they are willing to work.

Continued prayers for #1