Gerry Bertier's 3A Top Ten

Gerry Bertier

Speaking of. Do you F-5er's think you'll ever jump up and try some higher classifications out? I mean, you do have as much depth and numbers as any 6A team in Tennessee so I don't think you'd really be at a disadvantage if you do. It would also give you fellers something new to thump your chest about.

Over the years Alcoa has tested themselves with the higher classification programs. They've played Maryville forever and Fulton and Catholic many times. They've even traveled up to Kentucky and played programs who have state championship history. Last year they killed CPA who had beaten the eventual 4A champion badly and a very good Peachtree Ridge team down in georgia who sported numerous division1 talent. Alcoa will eventually move up in classification and when they do,you will see teams who dominate that class move out so they can win a state championship because they won't be able to because of the mighty F5.

I'm curious of how you see that playing out? Like what possible team CPA beats and then what possible teams put CPA out. I'm not being sarcastic, I truly am interested in possible scenarios. I'll be honest, it's sorta fun being an underdog this year.

This was interesting so I wanted to chime in. It looks like CPA will finish 2nd or 3rd in the region. That would mean that you would either get Camden, Sycamore, or Harpeth in the 1st round which would probably equate to a win. In the 2nd round you would have Fairview if you were in 2nd or Stratford if you were in 3rd which as of right now looks like a loss either way. Anything can happen, that's why they play the games, but that is what it looks like right now. I am going to predict a 1st round matchup and a close win over Camden Central followed by a loss to Stratford in the 2nd round.

*Edit* - I actually overlooked Cheatham County in Region 6, they will probably finish 3rd. Harpeth and Sycamore will probably be playing for 4th tomorrow night.

Edited by LazIndexTN

This was interesting so I wanted to chime in. It looks like CPA will finish 2nd or 3rd in the region. That would mean that you would either get Camden, Sycamore, or Harpeth in the 1st round which would probably equate to a win. In the 2nd round you would have Fairview if you were in 2nd or Stratford if you were in 3rd which as of right now looks like a loss either way. Anything can happen, that's why they play the games, but that is what it looks like right now. I am going to predict a 1st round matchup and a close win over Camden Central followed by a loss to Stratford in the 2nd round.

Thanks Laz, I can see that scenario but as a CPA homer I think we will be at least 2nd (not conceding 1st until after Friday night) and I don't see us losing in the 2nd round. I think there will be a lot of motivation not to leave 3A with a wimper...

Thanks Laz, I can see that scenario but as a CPA homer I think we will be at least 2nd (not conceding 1st until after Friday night) and I don't see us losing in the 2nd round. I think there will be a lot of motivation not to leave 3A with a wimper...

I think any outsider can see them in 2nd and a potentially very good matchup with Fairview in the 2nd round which is by no means a guarantee for Fairview. That is how I see you guys getting past the 2nd round. Definitely have played the hardest schedule in 3A up to this point as you had mentioned (actually I'm showing the 4th toughest schedule in the whole state through this point in the season). Tomorrow night will be very telling for you guys. Then a great game with E. Nashville right after that. It will be fun!

Edited by LazIndexTN

I don't think it matters who Alcoa plays...and I would prefer to keep that off tv...no way is that suitable for a home audience

Glad you're finally coming to your senses. You cannot compare how good your team is by who you play in the west. When your team finally meets up with Alcoa its devastating to some and difficult to comprehend how unfair the gap is between your teams and Alcoa. We've tried to warn other people but you really can't.Its something you'll have to see for yourself and then just accept all the "I told you so's".

Glad you're finally coming to your senses. You cannot compare how good your team is by who you play in the west. When your team finally meets up with Alcoa its devastating to some and difficult to comprehend how unfair the gap is between your teams and Alcoa. We've tried to warn other people but you really can't.Its something you'll have to see for yourself and then just accept all the "I told you so's".

Omg here we go again...you don't play anybody in the east, especially now that Bradley moved west

Congrats you play Maryville and Fulton, would you like another trophy for that?

No one cares about losing to Alcoa...do you know why??? Because your players aren't actually from Alcoa...so it's no different than losing to Brentwood Academy or MBA, we just don't care

You win 1 game "that matters" all year, and we congratulate you. You're team is impressive. Just remember 3a football doesn't owe Alcoa anything...enjoy your day

Omg here we go again...you don't play anybody in the east, especially now that Bradley moved west

No one cares about losing to Alcoa...do you know why??? Because your players aren't actually from Alcoa...so it's no different than losing to Brentwood Academy or MBA, we just don't care

You win 1 game "that matters" all year, and we congratulate you. You're team is impressive. Just remember 3a football doesn't owe Alcoa anything...enjoy your day

......yawn..Is it championship game time?

Bring it!

Now you're sounding like the uppercumberland duo who also like to insinuate that Alcoa recruits and cheats but always lacks any provable facts. Just like them you now lack any credibility but I won't insult you with any name calling,slick. lol

This is true

Why do you think Bradley moved to the other side of the state? Because he knew that CAK is only good for a every once in a while win win against Alcoa. I'll let you look up how many times CAK won and also what the scores of all the games were over the years. The most ridiculous thing you said was that "No one cares about losing to Alcoa" that's just flat out ignorant to say but if you've come from a loser program and the team you cheer for hasn't won squat I can see how you personally can feel that way.