Beech @ Gallatin

Wave16

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody have any stats on Beech? I know Williamson and VanZant have been sharing tailback duties. Peach also gets some I believe.

I can give you their stats against Springfield. Williamson, #10, had 17-142, Van Zant #6 had 18-74, and Peach #35 had 6-53. They seemed to use Van Zant more in the first half and Williamson more the second half.

Certainly no visions of Cookeville for this Buc squad.  They're just trying to squeak into the playoffs.  They're a blue collar team with no super stars.  But I will say this, they have a great group of seniors who provide excellent leadership and a pretty deep junior class (10 or so starters).  Probably the best thing you can say about this bunch is that the coaching staff loves this team and loves coaching them.  That's not always the case with some teams. 

Certainly no visions of Cookeville for this Buc squad. They're just trying to squeak into the playoffs. They're a blue collar team with no super stars. But I will say this, they have a great group of seniors who provide excellent leadership and a pretty deep junior class (10 or so starters). Probably the best thing you can say about this bunch is that the coaching staff loves this team and loves coaching them. That's not always the case with some teams.

I believe the same could be said about Gallatin. I've said before this will be a mirror image game between these two teams.

Lol 40 carries seems a bit ridiculous, honestly 25-30 tops seems more realistic.

I'll correct myself for Gallatin to win he will need 40 carries he has shown time and time again he can handle that workload so don't be surprised when you see it he hits defenders with strength he will wear out that beech defense. Don't believe me wait and watch.

I can give you their stats against Springfield. Williamson, #10, had 17-142, Van Zant #6 had 18-74, and Peach #35 had 6-53. They seemed to use Van Zant more in the first half and Williamson more the second half.

Do not forget that Peach #35 had 3 TDS last week. So you can say Beech has running back by committee. Hard to focus on one thing or one back.

Do not forget that Peach #35 had 3 TDS last week. So you can say Beech has running back by committee. Hard to focus on one thing or one back.

Gallatin's defense has bent a few times this year but they also make plays when needed too. Stopping the scheme more so than the individual. Gallatin has already played a 3 headed monster in Henry Co.