AP Class 1A Top 10 Sept 26 2016

Southtowner

Guest hevyrevy1611

Reg. 5 and 6 will also be a gauntlet. There's some mighty fine teams in both of these regions incl the defending champions. Not a cupcake playoff there for sure. Our Reg 7 honestly has an easier time of it playing the Memphis teams in Reg 8. Memphis 1A is more about their basketball teams than football. So I know that whoever comes out of Reg 5 & 6 bracket into the final four will also be battle tested for sure. No doubt gonna give the survivor of Reg 7 & 8 a good battle indeed. Each week everyone gets closer and closer. It's exciting!

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curious how big is the enrollment at the top ranked 1A schools in the West? The East 1A schools are for the most part small enrollments around 200 students average. That is why you will always see a lot of younger classmen starting on these teams. Schools this size are fielding talent picked from approximately 100 students assuming 1:1 ratio of males and females. Lightning strikes occassionally and you have a pretty good team.

I don't care about any pol simply because if you don't play every game as it comes to you Nkomo matter who you are it will come back and bite you. This year the region we play in still has 3 undefeated teams , and yes that will be down to 2 after Friday. Then quite possibly be to 1 next Thursday night. So that will will answer the questions about Harriaman , Coalfield , and Greenback. So for get the polls and let's play ball. And until you beat the champion you can't be the champion so until December 2 we won't know who the best team is.

There will still be two undefeated teams in your region next Thirsday night :D

Just curious how big is the enrollment at the top ranked 1A schools in the West? The East 1A schools are for the most part small enrollments around 200 students average. That is why you will always see a lot of younger classmen starting on these teams. Schools this size are fielding talent picked from approximately 100 students assuming 1:1 ratio of males and females. Lightning strikes occassionally and you have a pretty good team.

I don't know exact numbers but UC was around 390, don't know about Dresden, Huntingdon was around 370 (and don't hold me to that or the others but should be close) and WC is around 330. I do know that WC has a lot higher ratio of girls than boys but still have 60 plus players on the team unless we've lost a few but WC has consistently hung around that 60 player roster for several years and I give the credit to the coaches and great community support, we love our Wildcats!

I don't know exact numbers but UC was around 390, don't know about Dresden, Huntingdon was around 370 (and don't hold me to that or the others but should be close) and WC is around 330. I do know that WC has a lot higher ratio of girls than boys but still have 60 plus players on the team unless we've lost a few but WC has consistently hung around that 60 player roster for several years and I give the credit to the coaches and great community support, we love our Wildcats!

UC is 440

Thinking Dresden is close to 350