AP Class 1A Top 10 Sept 26 2016

Southtowner

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though I can't stand uc, I know they will not quit or lay down. They know how to win and I respect that.

Come on man! What's all this "I can't stand UC" stuff? I thought we were friends. I will be glad to support your Lions if they are fortunate enough to make it out of our region. I promise I will cheer them all the way to Cookeville but. ..........you gotta get there first. It's gonna be a dogfight for certain.

Come on man! What's all this "I can't stand UC" stuff? I thought we were friends. I will be glad to support your Lions if they are fortunate enough to make it out of our region. I promise I will cheer them all the way to Cookeville but. ..........you gotta get there first. It's gonna be a dogfight for certain.

I think it's going to be a fatal four way between WC, Huntingdon, Dresden and UC! Maybe throw NCS in the place of WC or Huntingdon but yes it will be a dogfight!

Guest hevyrevy1611

No hate here for any team. Much respect to Gold ball AND Silver ball teams, esp those who get to the finals regularly. WOW! What an accomplishment. The "hate" is frustration & agony of not beating such worthy, top-tier teams... that they "have our number" and are the "monkey on our back", or "thorn in our sides" or "bully nemesis"... or however you wanna say it. But when the team that is usually beat finally does break the ice & wins against their dominant rival, it often helps them go on up that ladder of success as a program & changes them for the better. Gives them self-confidence and empowers them to be even better. As the theme song on that TV show The Jefferson's said: "Moving on up".... :D

• 2 weeks later...

I don't like how the poles are set up anyhow. How is a team from the east not 2? Cause I don't think 2 teams from the west can go to Cookeville. Stagger the pole and watch it play out. Would be funner to watch.

It's a poll for the best teams, right now. Its not a participation award poll for making the championship game.

Like I have said all year... blow all that smoke you want about those west teams... any team in the east just has to worry about one of them.. and at that point they are #2 ranked that week.

Believe me youngun. I'm not blowing amoke about them. The gap has narrowed between the west teams and the top east teams. The west still has more depth in terms of good teams as well.