AP Class 1A Top 10 Sept 26 2016

Southtowner

hevy is a great fan for the Lions and will stand up for his boys anywhere anytime

I agree that Dresden stands a solid chance at playing in December this year. They just have to get past a very tough region and the rest of the west first. I for one will be in the Lion's corner should they get that far but. ......I'm trusting my Tornadoes will be there instead.

Season is about to get real for our region. Playoffs will be a fun time. I'll cheer for any team from the west except for a private or a team south of McKenzie. lol All others I'm in

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hevy is a great fan for the Lions and will stand up for his boys anywhere anytime

I agree that Dresden stands a solid chance at playing in December this year. They just have to get past a very tough region and the rest of the west first. I for one will be in the Lion's corner should they get that far but. ......I'm trusting my Tornadoes will be there instead.

Agree, Swo--the West has multiple teams that could represent that side of the state in Cookeville again this year. We are almost ready for another great multi year run....

Sonny Moore Computer Power Ratings Class 1A Top 15

StateRank/Team                                           Record    SOS       PR

61 UNION CITY                                1A     6   0   0    86.30   122.00
 68 GREENBACK                                1A     6   0   0    87.27   120.58
 77 DRESDEN                                    1A     6   0   0    79.84   118.33
 83 NASHVILLE CHRISTIAN                1A     4   2   0    86.22   117.62
 95 SOUTH PITTSBURG                      1A     4   1   0    92.47   113.50
 97 HUNTINGDON                              1A     3   1   0    91.05   113.26
122 WAYNE COUNTY                          1A     5   0   0    83.98   108.17
151 COALFIELD                                 1A     6   0   0    71.43   103.14
154 PEABODY                                    1A     4   2   0    87.28   102.84
167 COLUMBIA ACADEMY                   1A     4   0   0    80.27   101.50
171 TROUSDALE COUNTY                   1A     5   1   0    82.12   100.46
172 HARRIMAN                                   1A     5   0   0    70.31   100.44
182 HUMBOLDT                                  1A     3   3   0    97.59    99.30
187 MIDDLE TENNESSEE CHRISTIAN   1A     6   0   0    70.00    98.23
210 GORDONSVILLE                           1A     3   2   0    88.01    93.69

Now you fellers understand that those are just week to week ratings and UC is coming off of a not so good defensive game. We had a few guys out and some who had been sick. So before you start getting too excited about gaps closing you have to understand all of the circumstances. Just saying

Very true, WC got shuffled around and didn't even play but none of it matters to me, it's what happens under those lights that matter!

I can't speak for the East, simply because I haven't seen any of those teams play a down this year, but man how exciting will the West be in the playoffs this year??!! So many really, really, really good teams this year. I believe Dresden and UC is at the top by a couple of notches, but there are a handful of others knocking at their door. It's all going to come down to who can stay relatively healthy and who can click at the right time. Can all the West posters at least agree that the team representing us will be the very definition of battle-tested?

I can't speak for the East, simply because I haven't seen any of those teams play a down this year, but man how exciting will the West be in the playoffs this year??!! So many really, really, really good teams this year. I believe Dresden and UC is at the top by a couple of notches, but there are a handful of others knocking at their door. It's all going to come down to who can stay relatively healthy and who can click at the right time. Can all the West posters at least agree that the team representing us will be the very definition of battle-tested?

Believe me the playoffs East or West is going to be very exciting.Maybe the best in years!!!

Believe me the playoffs East or West is going to be very exciting.Maybe the best in years!!!

& don't get me wrong. I believe the East will be very exciting as well, I just hate when people get on here bashing one another when they've never seen them play THIS year. It's one thing to stand-up for your team, but don't belittle another team when you have nothing to base it on. That's simply being ignorant. But you are right, I don't remember the last time 1A was this deep across the state. We truly have something to be proud of!

Edited by fullbackdive

I can't speak for the East, simply because I haven't seen any of those teams play a down this year, but man how exciting will the West be in the playoffs this year??!! So many really, really, really good teams this year. I believe Dresden and UC is at the top by a couple of notches, but there are a handful of others knocking at their door. It's all going to come down to who can stay relatively healthy and who can click at the right time. Can all the West posters at least agree that the team representing us will be the very definition of battle-tested?

I agree, the East has a couple tough teams. The West on the other hand has several. The survivor of the West will have been through a gauntlet the East cannot replicate. The West is more dominant, no question about it. With the realignment coming in 2017 the East could close the power gap a little more quickly. But for now who ever represents the West will be the most prepared team (1A) on the field come December 2nd.