3. Greenback (1) 6-0 104 3

4. Wayne County 5-0 90 4

5. South Pittsburg 4-1 63 6

6. Columbia Academy 4-0 59 7

7. Coalfield 5-0 55 8

8. Nashville Christian 3-2 40 5

9. Trousdale County 5-1 25 9

10. Huntingdon 3-1 17 10

Others receiving 12 or more points: None.

Curious why GB is in front of Wayne County? lol and actually received a first place vote over them? Polls are polls but let's be rationale.

Let's not forget that Wayne County was clearly the second best team in the state last year and really the only team in 1a who gave NCS all they wanted. I know last year is last year but that core group of Wayne county is back besides 2 rb's. I've seen Dresden, Union City, and Wayne County play this year and I'll take Wayne County any day of the week. Just my opinion and trying to strike convo!

Don't count CA out. They played a big game against Fayetteville, and regardless of your opinion on them, they will not be an easy game for South pitt and if they won't be easy if they get to play greenback again. I get that most of y'all don't respect us but don't count us out or you will regret it.

im not counting out anyone CA has a very good team

Let's not forget that Wayne County was clearly the second best team in the state last year and really the only team in 1a who gave NCS all they wanted. I know last year is last year but that core group of Wayne county is back besides 2 rb's. I've seen Dresden, Union City, and Wayne County play this year and I'll take Wayne County any day of the week. Just my opinion and trying to strike convo!

This

Peabody and Humboldt aren't feeling the love.

Humboldt gained my respect this past Friday night! Peabody will have to be a lot better than the team I watched in Nashville last year to get much respect. I'm still scratching my head as to how they got past Dresden and UC. I know it sounds bashing and I don't mean it to be but they just looked weak

The top 4 in the west are at least 21 pts better than both Greenback or South Pitt. I am not taking anything away from Greenback or South Pitt. The west is just on another level than teams from the east and before anyone ask I have seen both Greenback and So Pitt play this year. The east will close the gap some next year however.

The gap has been closed some this year. I believe the west still wins the state championship this year, but it won't be a mercy rule killing either.

The gap has been closed some this year. I believe the west still wins the state championship this year, but it won't be a mercy rule killing either.

I somewhat agree Bassy. 21 PTS is the spread in my mind. If Dresden gets there teams better have a great secondary and don't think pressure will bother Winn. He will just tuck it and run. Dresden defense has improved drastically. UNION City will impose their will on you with the run game but the secondary is suspect. Don't know much about Wayne County other than they have Coach Rice and that let's me know they are plenty good. Plus they have young Rice at QB. Huntingdon alot like UC. Don't know how good they are on the defensive side of ball. History says they will be stout. So. Pitt has speed and looks to be able to throw the ball better than past years. Defense seems to be bend but don't break. I could be wrong about that. Greenback looks like they have a quick team overall with no real burners. Defense looks salty. Those are the only teams along with Nash Christian that have a legitimate chance to play in Cookeville. Thats just my humble opinion.Good luck to all teams.