Unaka vs Cloudland

YesSir3114

I agree!GB has had 5 or 6 losing seasons since Satterfield took the program over in 85.We are one of he smallest in the state.If we had 300 kids good law!!!

I have seen him make ball players out of kids that you would never believe!

Exactly what I am saying, do I think Unaka could compete at state every year. No, do I think they can be competitive  in the county and region yes. Why people want to blame the children instead of the "the leaders" are beyond me! Orngnblk with less than 300 kids do you all have jv games?  

Exactly what I am saying, do I think Unaka could compete at state every year. No, do I think they can be competitive in the county and region yes. Why people want to blame the children instead of the "the leaders" are beyond me! Orngnblk with less than 300 kids do you all have jv games?

Some years yes.Most years no.

Exactly what I am saying, do I think Unaka could compete at state every year. No, do I think they can be competitive  in the county and region yes. Why people want to blame the children instead of the "the leaders" are beyond me! Orngnblk with less than 300 kids do you all have jv games?  

if you have less than 30 kids on the team jv is tough to pull off. For instance most of the time with about 30 kids your going to have a key group of about 15 kids that play most of your varsity minutes. that leaves you with 15 for jv....lets say 11 of those 15 are skinny 105 lb freshmen....do you play a varsity lineman in jv just for the sake of playing a jv game? What if he gets hurt in the jv game? what if you lose a close game on friday night because you got a kid hurt in jv? low numbers make jv tough. if you dont have at least 20 kids who dont play much varsity time its usually not worth playing much jv.

• Upvote 1

if you have less than 30 kids on the team jv is tough to pull off. For instance most of the time with about 30 kids your going to have a key group of about 15 kids that play most of your varsity minutes. that leaves you with 15 for jv....lets say 11 of those 15 are skinny 105 lb freshmen....do you play a varsity lineman in jv just for the sake of playing a jv game? What if he gets hurt in the jv game? what if you lose a close game on friday night because you got a kid hurt in jv? low numbers make jv tough. if you dont have at least 20 kids who dont play much varsity time its usually not worth playing much jv.

Nearly every school in this area have JV teams.

To say that there is no talent walking the halls is a joke. This year's Sophomore class went undefeated in 8th grade, won the State Sectional. There were 9 or 10 kids in that class. How many of them are still on the field for Unaka? 3? The fact of the matter is no one wants to play for the current coaching staff. That's why you have kids leaving to play elsewhere. Someone already mentioned the Lyons boy. Ramsey plays on the Silverbacks. I saw the Egolf boy get decent of reps for ther EHS freshman team last year. He looked good.

Also someone with a brain needs to make the schedule. Playing 4 OOC games against teams that are beating you by 50+ at halftime (3 of them 2+ hours away) won't get kids on the field either.

The administration up there also seems to be determined to see the football team fail. They know they will need a new coach, so what do they do? They hire 5 new teachers, all female, while turning away male teachers, who WANT to work there, who could also coach. I've also heard hey could have had Ensor back as coach last year, but they told him they didn't want him, and stuck with Pink.

Pink will be gone after this season...But what you say makes more sense than some realize concerning not wanting FB at Unaka...I wonder, are there any plans for a soccer team up the creek? May shed even more light on the subject.

Football is now a hated sport amongst the Libs today....Is Unaka Lib infested?

I drove thru there one day and seen a bunch of Hilary signs in them yards up there.😯

The administration up there also seems to be determined to see the football team fail. They know they will need a new coach, so what do they do? They hire 5 new teachers, all female, while turning away male teachers, who WANT to work there, who could also coach. I've also heard hey could have had Ensor back as coach last year, but they told him they didn't want him, and stuck with Pink.

I heard and was told the same thing by a person close to Ensor. I believe there is 5 playing from the 8th grade group. I agree why would you schedule 2 a size schools to play for ooc games. Going back to the Jv games, 2 games would be fine. Reward the younger kids for busting their tails with a game that starts at 0. Not one that's 50+ already and everyone is ready to get out of town.