Official Declarations for Division 2

KennyPowers55

Guess that if Knox Catholic  stays D1 - the the kids that parents are doing ODD jobs to offset tuition costs will not play at Knox  Catholic .. unless momma or poppa comes up with some more cash .. or someone comes up with some more cash... huh ... whats bad is and somebody correct me but if going from Private to Public you have to sit out a year but if going from Public to Private you are eligible and dont have to sit a year ... anybody clarify both points ???

Guess that if Knox Catholic stays D1 - the the kids that parents are doing ODD jobs to offset tuition costs will not play at Knox Catholic .. unless momma or poppa comes up with some more cash .. or someone comes up with some more cash... huh ... whats bad is and somebody correct me but if going from Private to Public you have to sit out a year but if going from Public to Private you are eligible and dont have to sit a year ... anybody clarify both points ???

If your in a private school and move to public without moving you have to sit or if you are boarding at a private school and move to public then you are eligible to play right away too is the way I understood it. If you go public to private you are eligible to play right away.

If your in a private school and move to public without moving you have to sit or if you are boarding at a private school and move to public then you are eligible to play right away too is the way I understood it. If you go public to private you are eligible to play right away.

that makes no sense .. you mean to tell me a family puts their kid at say Knox Cath and are paying tuition and living in says Karns .. and the family come upon hard times and cant afford to pay the tuition that if he goes back to Karns he has to sit ???? Thats crazy ... but if he is a good player at Karns and Knoc Cath comes calling and his family decides to go to Knox Cath he doesnt have to sit a year ... that is the craziest thing I have ever heard ... a kid has to back to his community school becuase parents cant afford tuition and he has to pay the price by sitting a year ..... LOL .. it figures its the TSSAA 

that makes no sense .. you mean to tell me a family puts their kid at say Knox Cath and are paying tuition and living in says Karns .. and the family come upon hard times and cant afford to pay the tuition that if he goes back to Karns he has to sit ???? Thats crazy ... but if he is a good player at Karns and Knoc Cath comes calling and his family decides to go to Knox Cath he doesnt have to sit a year ... that is the craziest thing I have ever heard ... a kid has to back to his community school becuase parents cant afford tuition and he has to pay the price by sitting a year ..... LOL .. it figures its the TSSAA 

As I understand it, unless there is a bona fide change of residence of the family, the student is ineligible for 12 months. Doesn't matter public>private or private>public.

The only exception is,

d. The student is moving from a boarding school where they are a boarder to the school serving the

territory where his/her parents live, or vice versa, provided the student has attended the school

he/she is leaving for a minimum of twelve months and provided the principal at the school he/she is

leaving indicates in writing that the move is not for athletic or disciplinary reasons. The move must be

at the beginning of the school year. (Note: The school must be outside the day school territory of the

boarding school.);

In the case you mention, where the family truly can no longer afford private tuition, I think that Childress boy (who I don't like so much, by the way) would grant a hardship exemption.

Edited by MountainTroll

As I understand it, unless there is a bona fide change of residence of the family, the student is ineligible for 12 months. Doesn't matter public>private or private>public.

The only exception is,

d. The student is moving from a boarding school where they are a boarder to the school serving the

territory where his/her parents live, or vice versa, provided the student has attended the school

he/she is leaving for a minimum of twelve months and provided the principal at the school he/she is

leaving indicates in writing that the move is not for athletic or disciplinary reasons. The move must be

at the beginning of the school year. (Note: The school must be outside the day school territory of the

boarding school.);

In the case you mention, where the family truly can no longer afford private tuition, I think that Childress boy (who I don't like so much, by the way) would grant a hardship exemption.

Yeah that is true too if you can longer pay you can apply for a hardship waiver for eligibility.

LOL - I didn't read the article, but that was the biggest no-brainer in the state.

Notre Dame football has had several players for several years that don't pay tuition. To me, they were the poster child for the new rules separating.

• Upvote 1