Official Declarations for Division 2

KennyPowers55

You are exactly right, I don't think privates ought to be in the same Division as public schools.  When they discount multiple children's tuition that is not right.  When they can hire Mommie or Daddie to do a job and it pays there child's tuition that's not right.  When you can pay a secretary $10,000 to answer the phone for 4 days a week and 5 hours a day and 6 weeks in the summer, and that covers tuition, that's not right.  Didn't say Catholic, but if the golden slipper fits, YOU CAN'T ACQUIT.  And that's the bottom line, cause Stone Cold says so!

You are exactly right, I don't think privates ought to be in the same Division as public schools. When they discount multiple children's tuition that is not right. When they can hire Mommie or Daddie to do a job and it pays there child's tuition that's not right. When you can pay a secretary $10,000 to answer the phone for 4 days a week and 5 hours a day and 6 weeks in the summer, and that covers tuition, that's not right. Didn't say Catholic, but if the golden slipper fits, YOU CAN'T ACQUIT. And that's the bottom line, cause Stone Cold says so!

I don't know what goes on at other private schools but a majority of the parents at Catholic are upper 5 figures to 6 figure salaries. Quite a few in the 7 figure. Their secretaries don't have kids in the school. And for you so called discount, both my kids went to Catholic, both played varsity sports and no breaks because Catholic won't allow athletes discount because that would be misconstrued as cheating. Just like they won't allow any kids on financial aid to play a varsity sport but hey, what do I know? Next argument will be public schools in metro areas have too much an advantage, then open zoned schools will targets. It never ends. I'm grateful I played high school sports in Illinois where the bashing was non existent. And no one cared where you went. "Tito give me some tissue"

You are exactly right, I don't think privates ought to be in the same Division as public schools. When they discount multiple children's tuition that is not right. When they can hire Mommie or Daddie to do a job and it pays there child's tuition that's not right. When you can pay a secretary $10,000 to answer the phone for 4 days a week and 5 hours a day and 6 weeks in the summer, and that covers tuition, that's not right. Didn't say Catholic, but if the golden slipper fits, YOU CAN'T ACQUIT. And that's the bottom line, cause Stone Cold says so!

I don't know what goes on at other private schools but a majority of the parents at Catholic are upper 5 figures to 6 figure salaries. Quite a few in the 7 figure. Their secretaries don't have kids in the school. And for discount, both my kids went to Catholic (we are Catholic) both played varsity sports (both four year starters) and no breaks because that would be misconstrued as cheating. Just like they won't allow any kids on financial aid to play a varsity sport but hey, what do I know? Next argument will be public schools in metro areas have too much an advantage, then open zoned schools will targets. It will never end. Can't beat them so heave them lol. All this paranoia over the privates yet some how the publics are the schools getting caught for recruiting. I hope you get your wish, Edited by QSouth89

I don't know what goes on at other private schools but a majority of the parents at Catholic are upper 5 figures to 6 figure salaries. Quite a few in the 7 figure. Their secretaries don't have kids in the school. And for discount, both my kids went to Catholic (we are Catholic) both played varsity sports (both four year starters) and no breaks because that would be misconstrued as cheating. Just like they won't allow any kids on financial aid to play a varsity sport but hey, what do I know? Next argument will be public schools in metro areas have too much an advantage, then open zoned schools will targets. It will never end. Can't beat them so heave them lol. All this paranoia over the privates yet some how the publics are the schools getting caught for recruiting. I hope you get your wish,

I gues the dentist rumor helping pay athletes tuitions are just that huh? Usually where there is smoke there is fire. But hey as long as no one can get proof it is ok. Wonder how the Shelbyville kid just ended up getting to Catholic? All just coincidence I guess. These are all things/rumors floating around middle Tn so one can only imagine what stuff is floating around the Knoxville area.

You are exactly right, I don't think privates ought to be in the same Division as public schools.  When they discount multiple children's tuition that is not right.  When they can hire Mommie or Daddie to do a job and it pays there child's tuition that's not right.  When you can pay a secretary $10,000 to answer the phone for 4 days a week and 5 hours a day and 6 weeks in the summer, and that covers tuition, that's not right.  Didn't say Catholic, but if the golden slipper fits, YOU CAN'T ACQUIT.  And that's the bottom line, cause Stone Cold says so!

Beginning next season, any private school providing the benefits you described will have to move to D2.  Those privates who won't be providing those benefits are LEGAL to be in D1.  This is the last year those benefits can be provided and a private school remain in D1.  Stop your whining, put your big boy pants on and just play football.  If you don't like privates, demand that your public school administrators not schedule them.  Simple as that.

Edited by ReitzFan

Last time I talked to my coach, he did the scheduling of games and we didn't play privates.  I got on my big boy pants so answer this question.  Why are MOST privates that compete in D1 moving to D2?  I think you got it right.  The privates have been providing for there student-athletes benefits that are GOING to be deemed illegal.  They have been illegal for ever and now there are some that put there BIG BOY pants on and decided enough is enough.  Why don't all privates leave and form your own association and play all over the world!  That would leave 295 +/- public schools to battle for 6 championships.

Last time I talked to my coach, he did the scheduling of games and we didn't play privates.  I got on my big boy pants so answer this question.  Why are MOST privates that compete in D1 moving to D2?  I think you got it right.  The privates have been providing for there student-athletes benefits that are GOING to be deemed illegal.  They have been illegal for ever and now there are some that put there BIG BOY pants on and decided enough is enough.  Why don't all privates leave and form your own association and play all over the world!  That would leave 295 +/- public schools to battle for 6 championships.

TSSAA does not want privates to leave the association, loss of dollars. When all the privates do leave, do you really think the complaining will end? No chance.

Does anyone have a complete list of who has/has not declared for D-II? The deadline is at the end of the week.

Easiest way is to assume all privates are out then just add the schools as they declare to stay D1. So far, from this thread, only 3 privates have said they will stay D1.

Columbia Academy

Clarksville Academy

Trinity Christian Academy