What Schools let the fans on the field after the games and Who Don't?

BarneySox2007

If I were a coach and my team lost the last thing I would want to see is one of my players doing a photo shoot with the family and friends like nothing happened. I would just tell my fan base we treat losing a game like death and nobody goes to a funeral doing that crap out of respect and I expect that out of you and my players. Doing stuff like that goes against everything known to man if your trying to build a winning culture. 

• Thanks 1

From my understanding but this could have changed; but Anderson County only allows VIP or those exclusively invited. Many Thanks to Coach Gillum I was always invited to attend during before and after game. But it sure wasn't because I had great coaching skills to say the least; I always punt, lol. Pretty sure most fans could ask and get VIP. Anderson County just has that type of Loving environment. 

Let the parents and families on the field. It’s a great way to get the extended family to buy into the program. The pictures after losses bother me too, but the game is over. Sometimes an old grade school friend or distant family member is on the other team and pictures are good. Other times, people don’t know how to act. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, strongx said:

Let the parents and families on the field. It’s a great way to get the extended family to buy into the program. The pictures after losses bother me too, but the game is over. Sometimes an old grade school friend or distant family member is on the other team and pictures are good. Other times, people don’t know how to act. 

Yep. 

In the end it's still a game, and not life and death. It should be about family and friends once the game is over. 

• Like 1

On 1/27/2024 at 12:21 AM, BarneySox2007 said:

If I were a coach and my team lost the last thing I would want to see is one of my players doing a photo shoot with the family and friends like nothing happened. I would just tell my fan base we treat losing a game like death and nobody goes to a funeral doing that crap out of respect and I expect that out of you and my players. Doing stuff like that goes against everything known to man if your trying to build a winning culture. 

This is an example of when life is about more than just winning and losing.  I get your point, some kids and parents  do need to care more about the outcome of the game (to a certain extent).  But every circumstance is different. 

Here's a not-quite-so-hypothetical example:

What if "real dad" was finally able to get off work on Fridays and come to his son's football game?  It's the only game he's been able to attend in his son's career, and is going to be the only one he's ever at.  Thats a special moment for that kid and his father.  10 years after the fact, that picture of the two of them on the field together after the game is a heck of a lot more important than who won the game that night. 

• Like 2