What's going on at Knoxville Grace?

Guest JustMeVFL

I haven't seen or heard yet. Where'd you hear this? Who's press?

Now Southtowner you know I can't tell you WHO told me but its a fact.Press was just word play.I think of myself as Superman but in real life I am a spectacle wearing,scared of my own shadow news reporter Clark Kent!(not really I have 20/20 vision so don't get the wrong idea,LOL) Edited by orngnblk

At the risk of getting in the middle of some of the petty stuff back and forth, I'll say what I know.

GCA is going Division II. I do think the TSSAA took the cowardly approach instead of just making the decision to split and instead writing rules that forces most privates to choose to go. For instance, GCA offers a slight discount on the re-enrollment fee each year for paying it by a certain date. That could be considered financial assistance now, so it would penalize all families ifthat was eliminated.

I'm not that close to the football program, but I've heard nothing of the rumors in this thread. Pride was right about the 2 buildings (1 of which is totally church funded) and funding. I do know people on the board of the school and there's no way they would allow massive debt to be piling up.

I know this is a football thread. I do wish that all GCA posters and fans would show more humility than some do portray. I really appreciate BarneySox and Raven and their honesty that I've seen. But it does bother me when the entire school and/or church is slammed by people over the actions of a few. I really believe we should be going above and beyond in sportsmanship to be the example, but I also understand that teenagers will be teenagers sometimes, no matter what school they attend.

Being from Hampton, I have a unique perspective. I see how hard it is for a small private like GCA to build a long lasting fan base. It's not like the community schools like a Hampton where generations have went to the same school and still come out and support kids and grandkids.

Interesting thread. It does kinda stink though to air this stuff publicly when kids are involved. I don't know a thing about Grace in football but their girls soccer teams runs it up on everyone they can (19-0, 16-0 multiple times). To me that speaks volumes about the coach, AD, and administration.

Interesting thread. It does kinda stink though to air this stuff publicly when kids are involved. I don't know a thing about Grace in football but their girls soccer teams runs it up on everyone they can (19-0, 16-0 multiple times). To me that speaks volumes about the coach, AD, and administration.

Now I'm gonna have to step in here and stop you right there. Soccer is very different from football. What do you want them to do dribble around for 30 minutes? I played ball with the coaches son waaaay back and he is one of the most genuine people you'll ever meet. When the second string kids get in they still play hard! They have a very very good team especially one gal who has every offer in the book. She's a special once in a lifetime talent. She's been there since elementary school. Not to mention we were never shown mercy when I kicked the round ball. We only won two or three games a year. We had 13 put on us regularly. Can't make the kids not want to score. We don't believe in the everyone gets a trophy mentality. Sometimes you get beat and sometimes you get whooped. I got to be on both sides trust me. I can't let you speak ill of the soccer coach though. Edited by Raven52

Jealous people are nasty ugly people.

Jetpride walked up and started talking smack to our former coach in cookville a couple years back after Rockwood finally won one.

He didn't introduce himself just smack talk.

CGR said "your boys played good, y'all should be proud of them" and kept walking.

Someone else near by told us who he was.

So yes If "that guy" posts something I think is garbage, then I'm going to call him on it.

Now you got me wanting to know who he is!!