The Ridge (OR) @ McMinn County

SweetScience

My Baby is American Made.....

I sort of remember an article from the Chattanooga Free Press on MacMinn County. It talked about the coach not being a big wing-t fan but he felt the offense fit the type of players he had. A defensive linemen also talked about how he was worried about the O Line but they have improved so much he would "go to war with them now."

Does anybody remember the game at MacMinn where Spencer went nuts in the first quarter? I was actually sitting behind the Gulmire family at the game but they didn't know who Willie the Wildcat was. If I remember correctly we jumped out to a lead and the Tribe made a comeback.

Also, who remembers the game where LifeStar had to be called for an Oak Ridge player who suffered a serious leg injury? I believe the helicopter came from Knoxville to Athens.

Good thing about parking is there is plenty of it at the school. I can't remember but most schools charge for parking.

Also, does anybody remember my first few minutes of life? For the life of me I can't remember when Willie came out crying.

WRW!

I remember both of those games! Great memories (except for the poor kid transported by helicopter). But my favorite Spencer game was against Farragut lol. I have never seen the sweep run as effectively as that night. I am betting some of those boys in blue still have nightmares....It was freaking incredible. Am I remembering right that he had about 350 yards or am I getting a bad memory in my old age?

PS: The picture in my office has OR 17, Riverdale 0 lol.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Willie, Emmanual Isang was the kid that was transported.  Govols, yes spencer had over 300 against FHS, it was the second meeting in the playoffs, it was Coach Courtneys son that got trucked by Spencer twice in the first quarter and Reveiz was LB on that team too.  Spencer could have scored easily on the first one but he chose to run right at Courtney and run him over.  Classic

Willie, Emmanual Isang was the kid that was transported.  Govols, yes spencer had over 300 against FHS, it was the second meeting in the playoffs, it was Coach Courtneys son that got trucked by Spencer twice in the first quarter and Reveiz was LB on that team too.  Spencer could have scored easily on the first one but he chose to run right at Courtney and run him over.  Classic

Yeah he didn't much like how the Ads talked smack before that game. Didn't wanna pi%^ off ole Spencer.