The Ridge (OR) @ McMinn County

SweetScience

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WILDCATS YOU BETTER COME OUT THE GATES LIKE CLYDESDALE HORSES!THE ZEBRAS KEEP THEIR HANDS ON THE HANDKERCHIEFS AND ARE READY TO THROW THEM AT ANY TIME. IF IT'S CLOSE AND YOU HAVE BEEN TALKING SMACK THAT'S AN AUTOMATIC HOLDING ON 3RD N SHORT. GOOD LUCK.

ON THE OTHER HAND MCMINN RUNS THE WINGT AND HAS BEEN PRETTY EFFECTIVE WITH IT AND CAN DEFEND WELL. BUT YOU HAVE A KID THAT THEY CAN'T DEFEND SO THROW IT UP AND THE ZEBRAS WILL HAVE TO THROW THEIR HANDS UP ON THIS GAME.

#LOP

I'm very interested in seeing how this game goes. McMinn's only loss is a great Bradley Central team. They did keep Walker Valley's high powered offense in check in a good win. It will be interesting to see how McMinn's defense matchs up with OR offense. McMinn will probably try to keep the ball away from ORs offense and grind out the clock as much as they can. Plus as mentioned before the refs will be a factor. This could very well be a preview of a playoff game in a few weeks.

Walker Valley'a QB (who had 5 passing & 3 rushing TD's vs Cleveland's defense) played injured in that game & they had a few others banged up.

I don't think McMinn is as good as their record.

I am pulling for McMinn, but don't see it happening.

Edited by FootballFan51

Walker Valley'a QB (who had 5 passing & 3 rushing TD's vs Cleveland's defense) played injured in that game & they had a few others banged up.

I don't think McMinn is as good as their record.

I am pulling for McMinn, but don't see it happening.

WV had too many turnovers in the first half against MCMinn. Had a TD called back on a personal foul in the first half also. Two turnovers in the red zone. Should of had at least 35 at halftime. The personal foul call was the correct call even if it was retaliation. A sophomore learned a lesson. Then in second half McMinn ran basically one play. WV never adjusted their d line. Should of put 7 men in the box. Plain and simple got out coached. McMinn deserved the win but I think it was a good loss for WV they've been way more physical since that game. I agree in rooting for the Cherokees in this one. Go Tribe Hope both teams stay healthy.

The ref's in McMinn are always something to contend with. We know first hand after playing them like 45 times in Athens. You just gotta plan on scoring extra TD's.

Bradley's defense pretty much shut down the Wing T they are running, but don't go to sleep on the QB. While not a huge threat throwing, you can get too involved in stopping the run and he can burn you. In all their wins they have dominated time of possession and used lot's of clock running the ball. Stop them to no gain or little gain on 1st down and you get the advantage.

They are not a come from behind team, and if you get some scores on them they are in trouble.