8-AA 2016-17

Iceman2000

Hoopshype you are correct on the paint drying but a losing record just by numbers. To take into consideration that this team had 1 returning starter from last season and then playing a bunch of kids that got hardly any to no minutes last season and ask to duplicate last year record without all the home school teams is a far fetched idea. This team was 1 win off last years regular season district totals and the same as the previous 5 and more than the previous 10. Oh and the last losing season was 5 years ago. I believe the team is just young and inexperienced. As far as Cope he was a good tactician and good scheduler. I am fan of D.C. And have been my entire life. I read these post all the time so I decided to jump and add my 2 cents. I believe they are on the right track considering all the adversity these kids have had to deal with this season.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the right track, are you serious. The lady tigers have only won 2 games since dec 15. That is 2 months ago and against the weakest 8aa district in 30 years and when Dekalb came to warren last year Robinson, Hedge and Panter all 3 started, and Robinson and Hedge were 8aa all freshman team last season. As far as scheduling Cope didn't make the schedule in his first season ( science hill, Franklin co, ) and I think he took that team to region semi-finals. Dekalb didn't play for over 3 weeks from dec15 until Jan 5. That is unheard of in the middle of a season. If they are on the right track then I want on a different train.

Last years staff made this schedule. I agree too much game time off during Christmas hurt their rythmn. Last years district was pretty weak also. 3 teams in the district top 12 this year in AA....makes for a pretty solid as usually 8AA. Hedge been out for 2 weeks and others have been hampered by injury also. Hard to win when your not healthy and a very short bench. As far as the region for this years that is yet to be determined and I think Cope inherited a older more experience group that year... I think Woodword was on that team.... I like what I see but they need to learn how to finish games. At best this teams record should be flip flopped. Just my opinion though.

Last years staff made this schedule. I agree too much game time off during Christmas hurt their rythmn. Last years district was pretty weak also. 3 teams in the district top 12 this year in AA....makes for a pretty solid as usually 8AA. Hedge been out for 2 weeks and others have been hampered by injury also. Hard to win when your not healthy and a very short bench. As far as the region for this years that is yet to be determined and I think Cope inherited a older more experience group that year... I think Woodword was on that team.... I like what I see but they need to learn how to finish games. At best this teams record should be flip flopped. Just my opinion though.

Upperman is #1. I believe Smith and Macon will have to flip a coin for #2 as they split in the regular season. LA is more than likely #4. All district games will be completed Thu. the 9th.  The  district meeting is scheduled for Fri. 10 Feb. The brackets will be established then. :popcorneater:  

no coin flip,macon won it out-right. Macon is on the rise.started 3 freshman most of the sesason and only played one senior,plus got some good fresman coming next season