The Lions Are Roaring and The Tornadoes are Storming. UC vs Dresden.

BigSwo

Uh yes. I have been to every 7 on 7 game the last 3 years. My stepson is the QB now. And yes he can throw it. Matter of fact he threw it for 4 scores this summer in that game. He is not as fast as Laz in our normal offense but he he can run it. he actually has a good arm and would of been the starter for a lot of teams around here in a more pass heavy offense bedside your team. I mean yalls QB is special.

46 out out the last 47 games have gone in the favor of the Purple and Gold...Will the Lions be the favorite in the game ?...Probably because of the Lions QB and the fact UC has some guys out or banged up but the program at UC is used to winning...Dresden has it to do but it won't be easy...Dresden better score pretty much every possession because everyone knows UC will score and will score plenty...Oh, and Dresden won't be able to stack the box up because there will be a threat of the ball being thrown around a little...I imagine Bowling and his staff have pretty much been watching film on Dresden since the Humboldt game...They will have a good game plan set up...It will be up to the kids to listen in practice this week and execute that game plan Friday night...This will be a barn-burner for sure...

As Always...

GO TORNADOES !!!

Do you actually go to the games? You do realize that uc could have Peyton Manning at qb and they still wouldn't throw it so 7 on 7 means nothing.

I wouldn't hang my hat on that. I know we are a run first and second team but. .........you might be surprised if you sell your soul on the run. Just saying.

This is the year of the Lions (as I say every year. Ha) As we head toward the top two ranked teams in 1A battling it out, here's my cheer: Pork Chops.. Pork Chops.. Greasy.. Greasy.. The Lions gonna win it easy easy. .. Lol. Well, even if not so easy we still gonna win. (Have I ever predicted anything else?). It's a different mindset & attitude on this year's team. Dresden has unfinished business to take care of, it will be 15 in '16. Wonder what folk will think & say IF Dresden wins big, going away? Won't be long until we see. Should be a great game. (But same was said about Dresden vs Trenton-Peabody. Of course these two are diff teams, duh, point is Lions may be much better than many realize).

Dresden by 6-but don't count out UC

Hype is not hype if you can back it up. The Lions can back it up. With UC being banged up we are in the underdog position. That's right, the Tornadoes are definitely the underdogs in this game. I like being in this position, which is not a familiar at all. Coach Bowling is preparing our guys for this role this week.. I was listening to his post game interview last night he made this very point. We can not turn the ball over nor have senseless penalties or Dresden will eat our lunch. I'm certain there will be plenty of overtime spent on game prep this week by both teams. Emotions will be high early on, the team who can get the fast start will have an advantage.

This is new territory for the might tornadoes. Underdog--I predict a win for Dresden in the regular season but defeat in the 2nd or 3rd round.(Just kidding) This team can run the table. Peabody has the Gold, UC has Gold. It's Dresden's time I believe. But you must play the game. Dresden will have to get past a lurking Peabody team that has nothing to lose if they beat UC. With that being said, Peabody has to get past a Memphis team which is very likely. All the PRESSURE IS ON DRESDEN. GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS FRIDAY NIGHT

Granted I'm not the coach for UC but if Bumpus can play I wouldn't let him till second round. This game is only for home field advantage and bragging rights. Let the kid heal a few more weeks and turn him loose in the playoffs. 

Granted I'm not Dresden's coach either but I would sell my soul to stop the run until UC beat me with the pass. Just like the 2012 Adamsville team did to Dresden. Safety's were 5 yards off line of scrimmage and we couldn't run the ball. Granted we hit them with a 40 yard pass once and never tried again. lol 

Granted I'm not the coach for UC but if Bumpus can play I wouldn't let him till second round. This game is only for home field advantage and bragging rights. Let the kid heal a few more weeks and turn him loose in the playoffs.

Granted I'm not Dresden's coach either but I would sell my soul to stop the run until UC beat me with the pass. Just like the 2012 Adamsville team did to Dresden. Safety's were 5 yards off line of scrimmage and we couldn't run the ball. Granted we hit them with a 40 yard pass once and never tried again. lol

I agree with you about Bumpus. I don't know what's on the coach's mind but I think it's something along the lines of what you said. Who knows? The smart would be to save him for the playoffs.