The Lions Are Roaring and The Tornadoes are Storming. UC vs Dresden.

BigSwo

Guest hevyrevy1611

No doubt about it. Being without several key starters truly does make a difference. But methinks if UC had all their weapons tonight Dresden would have still won. Maybe a closer score, but we would of won. This monkey no longer on our back. Don't know when we'll have another shot at Huntingdung but when we do I say we'll run over them too. These wild crazy dreams I had finally coming true. Ha. In a few years if we keep this up we'll be in USA Today's Top 25 in nation. We better play hard here on out. Humble & hardcore beast mode. Nobody gonna roll over, we'll have to earn every play & score. If our defense plays strong our offense can score on anyone. And do so fast. And not just one guy. Them playmakers are everywhere! Go Lions! One at a time!

The Dresden defense gave up a bunch of yards but hit UC like they haven't been hit all season. With all that hitting, they put the ball on the ground. Dresden showed once again that we have multiple weapons on offense and if you scheme just for Winn then Yates, McDonald and Thomas will run crazy. There were three beast on the field tonight in the Dresden defense, Yates and Kennedy. That kid played his tail off and is just another great fullback from uc. Best of luck uc the rest of the year.

Good to see BigSwo tonight & find out we run with the same crowd. Told you Dresden is not one dimensional....if your game plan is keeping Winn from passing, Yates will run it down your throats & doesn't go down easy. Our defense doesn't get near enough credit. Radio said it was the 1st time in school history that UC had a running clock....now that's making a statement. For those saying if we meet up with UC again, it will be a different ballgame, you also have to realize that Dresden was without one of our star defensive players & our starting nose guard. Also have to give credit to Dresden for minimizing the penalties. What a great atmosphere for football tonight! GO LIONS!!

Okay. My phone died just as the game started. So I am here now to tell you all one thing. If you are a Dresden fan go ahead and book your rooms in Cookeville. This team is the real deal. They are very well balanced and they are physical. Athletes all over the place and they are disciplined. At least they were tonight. There is only one way to say this. ......We got our butts kicked. I know we fumbled a lot and gave the Lions s short field but that's why you don't fumble. Hang on to the dang ball. It's been a while since I have seen a UC team take a whippin like that. I was hopeful at half time and we were only down by two scores. I thought we would come out and drive the ball down and score. Instead we fumbled and gave Dresden a short field. We didn't roll over at this point but on 4th and 10 Winn trots into the endzone. In short, we had a plan to stop Winn tonight and for the most part. .....we did. Who we didn't and couldn't stop was Yates. That kid fought and fought every time he touched the ball and refused to go down. We must regroup and get ready for a possible rematch in the playoffs. I hope we can. Until then. ......GO Tornadoes.

Thanks for the class and kind words, Swo. Guys like you are rare to come by nowadays. We'll have to agree to disagree, though. I don't see how in any shape, way or form you guys "stopped" Winn. However, you definitely contained him better than most can by respecting Dresden's pass game, but he had around 120 yards on less than 10 throws, several rushing yards (even if the handful of sacks impacted his actual stats) and was responsible for three scores. Honestly, Dresden didn't even get to really open up on offense because the defense put them in great field position all night. Yates only got 11 touches; they didn't run that many plays. Hopefully, both teams will meet again.

Good to see BigSwo tonight & find out we run with the same crowd. Told you Dresden is not one dimensional....if your game plan is keeping Winn from passing, Yates will run it down your throats & doesn't go down easy. Our defense doesn't get near enough credit. Radio said it was the 1st time in school history that UC had a running clock....now that's making a statement. For those saying if we meet up with UC again, it will be a different ballgame, you also have to realize that Dresden was without one of our star defensive players & our starting nose guard. Also have to give credit to Dresden for minimizing the penalties. What a great atmosphere for football tonight! GO LIONS!!

Exactly, Dresden has the same excuse. Those two players will definitely make the defense even better. With #4 actually playing tonight, they had two injuries (Qb and lineman). I honestly think the game goes the same way without injuries. Dresden was on UC when they stretched the option to the outside like white on rice.

He has already said that he will be playing college baseball and not football. One thing I can say about him is he isn't afraid of anything. I've said since he started as a freshman that he scares me running like he does. But it hasn't slowed him down one bit. He is a pretty tough kid so he can handle it.

Not true, he has retracted that statement. He said that months ago. He's looking at playing both now.

https://twitter.com/jbeasleywpsd/status/774609448719364096

No doubt about it. Being without several key starters truly does make a difference. But methinks if UC had all their weapons tonight Dresden would have still won. Maybe a closer score, but we would of won. This monkey no longer on our back. Don't know when we'll have another shot at Huntingdung but when we do I say we'll run over them too. These wild crazy dreams I had finally coming true. Ha. In a few years if we keep this up we'll be in USA Today's Top 25 in nation. We better play hard here on out. Humble & hardcore beast mode. Nobody gonna roll over, we'll have to earn every play & score. If our defense plays strong our offense can score on anyone. And do so fast. And not just one guy. Them playmakers are everywhere! Go Lions! One at a time!

I can see where you're coming from, but Bumpus was back. It was just the QB and a lineman. Every time UC pulled the option to the outside there was nothing there, and two defensive starters were out for Dresden. Dresden is just an untamed beast that you don't wanna come across. I don't know if anyone can even compete against them this year. They're even intimidating in pregame. Seriously, watch their title chants during warmups and cage run out. They've mastered the art of skullduggery.

Edited by TNHSFootballGenius

I can see where you're coming from, but Bumpus was back. It was just the QB and a lineman. Every time UC pulled the option to the outside there was nothing there, and two defensive starters were out for Dresden. Dresden is just an untamed beast that you don't wanna come across. I don't know if anyone can even compete against them this year. They're even intimidating in pregame. Seriously, watch their title chants during warmups and cage run out. They've mastered the art of skullduggery.

Coach Rang doing a good job