Knoxville Catholic...

fredjones

My kids weren't blessed, I'm in debt abd with one in college and another on the way it'll be worse by I made that decision. Not everyone there has a silver spoon.

I think you misunderstood.  I said they were "blessed", not 'privileged'.  I said nothing of you having silver spoons to distribute.  I said your kids are blessed.  The ARE blessed to have a father who would work hard to give them the best education you can muster.  Tell me I'm wrong.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you misunderstood. I said they were "blessed", not 'privileged'. I said nothing of you having silver spoons to distribute. I said your kids are blessed. The ARE blessed to have a father who would work hard to give them the best education you can muster. Tell me I'm wrong.

My apologies for misunderstanding your comments. There was going to be backlash from this decision and it'll get worse. When Notre Dame announced they were moving I assumed Catholic would too. I still think Catholic will be placed in 6A because of complaining. Edited by QSouth89

I really don't know who you're referring too. My focus is on my own kids. I'm sure everyone will be watching including big brother the TSSAA. This is tiring is any one talking football?

You dont know who Im referring too ... come on Q  ... Im not gonna name names -- not fair to the kids ... but I think you know .... come on !!!!

You dont know who Im referring too ... come on Q ... Im not gonna name names -- not fair to the kids ... but I think you know .... come on !!!!

I appreciate your tact but I truly don't know, further more I don't care. My own kids are my priority. My parents taught me to worry about my own yard not my neighbors. Edited by QSouth89

As a parent and a teacher there's no way I want my child coming home at 3 am on week a night to play a hour and half game. You do realize this is high school not college. Catholic's resource are based on tuition paid by parents like me who also pays taxes that finance public schools. My kids attended Catholic (we are Catholic and their mom and I made that choice) they were four year varsity players and their academics meant something to their mom and me. It's clear you don't like private schools it's your right, if you want Catholic in D2 then get a masters degree in curriculum and instruction, apply for the principals job and put them where ever you want to. The principal made a decision based on the whole athletic program. You do realize that Catholic is Top 50 academic school. I know people like yourself think it's all football in this state but it's not. I doubt serious if the schools decision was to appease private school haters. It's funny when Catholic was losing to Fulton, Alcoa, Bearden and West (back in their 5A days) everyone called them overrated now they win state the same critics sing a different song. They are playing where the TSSAA placed them. If your team isn't in the same district then make sure your school doesn't play them. The whining on here is sad.

who said im a private school hater? if anything i think privates have better everything overall and are better at sports most of the time, but what KC did is downright cowardly.. running from competition like always.. they knew after this szn they wouldnt be as good as this year or last year so they figure out a way to stay public.. disgraceful.. its moves like these that make people hate private schools

who said im a private school hater? if anything i think privates have better everything overall and are better at sports most of the time, but what KC did is downright cowardly.. running from competition like always.. they knew after this szn they wouldnt be as good as this year or last year so they figure out a way to stay public.. disgraceful.. its moves like these that make people hate private schools

I guess so.

Swipes I get where you are coming from and it's not about playing who. It's just all the talking people do because some ones opinion is different from theirs. I'm apart of the Catholic community. Trust me there is no stash of cash. There are wealthy and well to do people at the school. But like most schools they do just enough for the school and like all parents at all schools it's about their kid and their touches, minutes etc.

I totally understand Q. Heck my school wouldnt have got a new weight room or turf put on the field if it wasn't for some very rich boosters that wanted something better for there former high school. During that same time we were told we were flying in players or going across the mountains to pick them up since we had this new found money. People are going to be upset but they will get over it with time like the schools around us did

I'm gonna side with Catholic to a degree on this. They were looking at 3 + total  hours travel for many of their games. They weren't going to be pooled the local, smaller privates.

Football is comparatively minor,  small # of away games, on Friday.... that's doable. The other sports.... not so much. Many more games, many more hours for non-revenue sports, plus largely during the school week. I get it, they have more $ to spend than some others. But still, add up the $ and hours for the other sports/ athletes.... the decision makes sense to me. It may shock you, but I doubt football was the primary factor in their decision. I doubt it was in the top 3.

I appreciate your tact but I truly don't know, further more I don't care. My own kids are my priority. My parents taught me to worry about my own yard not my neighbors.

Q you know or have an idea  .. you are a smart man ... if you want to just look the other way ..OK  ... but to say you dont know ... I guess I will have to take your word for it but  .... really .. ??

I'm gonna side with Catholic to a degree on this. They were looking at 3 + total  hours travel for many of their games. They weren't going to be pooled the local, smaller privates.

Football is comparatively minor,  small # of away games, on Friday.... that's doable. The other sports.... not so much. Many more games, many more hours for non-revenue sports, plus largely during the school week. I get it, they have more $ to spend than some others. But still, add up the $ and hours for the other sports/ athletes.... the decision makes sense to me. It may shock you, but I doubt football was the primary factor in their decision. I doubt it was in the top 3.

I agree thats tough on other sports but there are alot of other privates in same boat and they find a way .. Webb plays other sports etc ... there was a Catholic poster on here the other day saying that alot of families made 6 figures and some making 7 .. so the travel would be tough but not impossible especially in nice buses etc ... but if they chose to not do that then I understand but from outside it look like they run from BIG boys and thats gonna be the perception ..  OK they made the choice ..OK now they HAVE to abide by rules .. no athlete can get any other financial aid to go there aside from what their parents dish out ... we ALL know that there are kids there getting aid .. WILL TSSAA have resources or time to investigate ?? NO .. so I can bet you that the kids that are getting aid now willstill be playing there next year .. book it   

Swipes I get where you are coming from and it's not about playing who. It's just all the talking people do because some ones opinion is different from theirs. I'm apart of the Catholic community. Trust me there is no stash of cash. There are wealthy and well to do people at the school. But like most schools they do just enough for the school and like all parents at all schools it's about their kid and their touches, minutes etc.

I get that you don't have Ensworth, MBA, McCallie, Baylor kind of money, but the Church's veil is pretty thin.

Annual%20Report%202014.jpg

I know there are lots of good, God fearin' Christian families at KCHS, but y'all gotta come to grips with reality. Y'all are the ones who opted out of the public school system partly for a better academic program. It's all about the resources and the same is true of the athletic programs. Good private schools entice (I didn't say recruit <_< ) some of brightest and most talented kids around academically and athletically.

Nothing wrong with that. Y'all just need to embrace it for what it is and go with it. It should be exhilarating for you guys to finally get to run with the big dogs. :mrgreen:

Edited by MountainTroll

Alcoa not yet in 4A and you are already whining and trying to get Catholic to win your battles. Classic sissy boy mentality right there!! Ha.

Aint gonna comment on your classless name calling .. like you always revert too ... maybe we meet someday so you can say to my face .... I mentioned Knox Cath in my post since they too were dropped by Rankin after knowing how good they were gonna be in 2015 and 2016 .... LOL ... like I have said 1,000 times.. Alcoa has dominated in the series .... BUT since Rankin knew that Fulton was so strong in 2013 and 2014 and KC was so strong in 2015 and 2016 -- he flat out dropped the games .... PERIOD..