Knoxville Catholic...

fredjones

All I can tell you is that catholic wore Oakland out in UT's indoor facility

It was a physical beat down !!!!!!!

Oaklands coaches will tell you exactly the same as would the entire vol staff including butch jones who watched and told me personally those exact words !!!

Don't know about the other schools you mentioned

But Oakland ain't in the same level

Also don't know how good mccallie but catholic beat them like a borrowed mule in a scrimmage

Edited by CypressBend

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think all those teams would put up a great battle and could win. It definitely would not be the butt stomp they put on CPA. I agree that MBA and BA have played a tougher schedule, but I think Maryville is close and Oakland and Independence have played lesser schedules.

In reality, the top 5 teams or so would probably have varying outcomes if they played multiple times. Personally I think Catholic has the best talent and probably the best team this year and I'm not alone a few of the popular sites have them at the top spot also.

It's all hypothetical, of course, but still fun to talk about. I'm hoping to see a PC / Catholic rematch in the final. Lots of people believe PC is up there near the top 5 this year also...

As a CPA fan, I hope to look at next year's schedule and see a first game with Alcoa (a lot more fun than driving to Atlanta!), a second game with Catholic, and a third with Pearl-Cohn. I prefer that to playing teams you can hang 80 points on... I know that won't happen, but a fan can dream... I think we might even be competitive the next couple of years :)

i will give cpa it's props they do play good competition and have been competitive in those games

This game was scheduled w cloudland because

Alcoa

Webb

And CAK all dropped catholic because they didn't want to play a loaded catholic

They will pick them back up when they have a chance to win again

You can add Oak Ridge to that list. Had a tentative agreement to play the Irish but backed out when Webb paid them $8,000 to come visit.

Cloudland was a late add but they are only our 4th home game this year with another one of those being Union County. Not much of a home schedule other than Belfry, KY.

Edited by IrishBBall

All I can tell you is that catholic wore Oakland out in UT's indoor facility

It was a physical beat down !!!!!!!

Oaklands coaches will tell you exactly the same as would the entire vol staff including butch jones who watched and told me personally those exact words !!!

Don't know about the other schools you mentioned

But Oakland ain't in the same level

Also don't know how good mccallie but catholic beat them like a borrowed mule in a scrimmage

well considering it is a scrimmage im guessing oakland didnt run their whole scheme on both sides.. scrimmages are sometimes hard to gauge but idk since i didnt see it.. i think if they played now oakland would win tho bc being in mid season form is different then spring ball imo.. would be a very close game if it happened

Edited by redzebra99

All I can tell you is what happened bro!!!!!!!!

I'm sure catholic is not any better now than they were in the spring

Most teams do get worse as the season progresses from spring ball toward the playoffs

I don't do imaginary match ups

I leave that for the guys who never played or were simply band geeks

Edited by CypressBend

And maybe oakland tried to get beat up and embarrassed

Most good programs do that in front of a entire sec staff watching when they travel 3 hrs to showcase their talent and staff against a defending state champion

Some of you guys don't have a freaking clue

At least it's easy to recognize

Edited by CypressBend

let me add this

Kudos to coach black and the fulton Falcons

I know it's not set in stone but coach black has said numerous times no matter where catholic ends up division wise

Catholic will end up on fultons schedule !

That's not what some news sources are reporting. Interesting article dont know how much truth to it.

http://tricitiessports.com/tssaa-releases-division-ii-membership-knox-catholic-staying-in-division-i-p81478-116.htm

Edited by Swipes

And maybe oakland tried to get beat up and embarrassed

Most good programs do that in front of a entire sec staff watching when they travel 3 hrs to showcase their talent and staff against a defending state champion

Some of you guys don't have a freaking clue

At least it's easy to recognize

catholic wouldn't even win state in 5a,6a, or D2AA