Dobyns Bennett at Science Hill

DBGRAD70

I heard another today (an area coach ) that he has heard the same about Graham and that he had heard it will be an outside coach

Some things are simple to see : Graham can not coach in the big games .

How can a Coach be so great when he continues to allow (certain positions) to be coached wrong every single year - they are so consistent at allowing huge plays year after year . How can anyone not see this . It has nothing to do with the conference we are in now .. Its total breakdown because of not being prepared - from the way they study teams , practice and to being in the gym(correctly) , it all needs a makeover !!

Athletes are always at DB and a lot choose not to play Football (a few being best athletes in the school ) , many could make a big deference and I do believe with a new coaching staff , you will have more kids interested !!

SH has absolutely had a resurgence with their football program and anyone who doesn't agree simply doesn't know what they're talking about. SH was garbage in the late 90s, early 2000s especially. They would win 3-4 games a year against other garbage teams and then get blown out by DB to end their season. Stacy Carter has completely change that program around. They're not on the same level as Maryville but they are leaps and bounds better than where they used to be. Before Carter took over I guarantee you SH would've been at the very bottom of the conference they play in today.

Edited by WBNC83

SH has absolutely had a resurgence with their football program and anyone who doesn't agree simply doesn't know what they're talking about. SH was garbage in the late 90s, early 2000s especially. They would win 3-4 games a year against other garbage teams and then get blown out by DB to end their season. Stacy Carter has completely change that program around. They're not on the same level as Maryville but they are leaps and bounds better than where they used to be. Before Carter took over I guarantee you SH would've been at the very bottom of the conference they play in today.

During the 18 game win streak most of those game were close. only a very few were big wins for DB.  I don't think Science Hill had very many 3 and 4 win seasons. You are trying to make it appear DB blew them out every year and that didn't happen. Maybe you could go back in the records and pick a couple games like Jhilts did and think thats going to prove your point. You will find out next week how far Science Hill's program has advanced. Heck, you might find out tomorrow night.

During the Big East years of 03 - 08 Sevier and Jefferson Counties records were 64-56 combined with a total of 3 playoff wins. I suggest you look up and compare the DB schedules for any year of the Big East and 2015 or 2016.

Science Hill 2012 - 2016 record - 45 - 13 with 4 playoff wins

Science Hill 2007 - 2011 record - 27 - 23 with 1 playoff win

= Resurgence

Second dumbest post of the year.

Could it be possible that one reason GC has had several tough years is because he is now playing more schools near db enrollment size. No more Sullivan Central, Sullivan South, Volunteer, Daniel Boone or Crockett.  Not to mention some of those schools best players transfer to db.

Yes, it has a lot to do with it. They went from having what essentially amounted to an extra 4-5 open dates....actually even better than open dates, as their starters got in some light work and their backups got tons of experience, vital to maintaining depth, to having to play teams that can line up and beat you on any given night. Not their fault though. It's who they HAD to play.

I told a couple of my DB fan coworkers before the start of last season that they would be lucky to win 5. They won 4, and (IMO) they have improved some this year. Bottom line is that the switch to the Super 32 did have an impact on them.

Yes, it has a lot to do with it. They went from having what essentially amounted to an extra 4-5 open dates....actually even better than open dates, as their starters got in some light work and their backups got tons of experience, vital to maintaining depth, to having to play teams that can line up and beat you on any given night. Not their fault though. It's who they HAD to play.

I told a couple of my DB fan coworkers before the start of last season that they would be lucky to win 5. They won 4, and (IMO) they have improved some this year. Bottom line is that the switch to the Super 32 did have an impact on them.

From what I hear this is the last year of the Super32.    Not sure what that means for next year, but if DB gets back to playing mostly Tri-cities teams then we're back to 9-1.     That is good for the record books but not sure it is good for the overall program because it means that certain coaches......   well I don't have to explain, you guys know the drill..

From what I hear this is the last year of the Super32.    Not sure what that means for next year, but if DB gets back to playing mostly Tri-cities teams then we're back to 9-1.     That is good for the record books but not sure it is good for the overall program because it means that certain coaches......   well I don't have to explain, you guys know the drill..

It's basically settled.  Won't be an easy road.  Conference games are SH, Jeff Co., Bearden,  Morristown West and Hardin Valley. Most likely will keep Oak Ridge and Sevier Co. out of conference.  Pick up a couple more.   Top four of six make the playoffs.  No cakewalk. 

Edited by BatmanDB

You can be 10-0 against a weaker schedule or say 7-3 against a stronger schedule but either way,the right coach will find a way to have his team ready to play come playoff time.DB may roll in and win tonights game and pull off the greatest run in tssaa history,who knows.You play the cards dealt you and find a way to get out of the first round